Leica geovid lense recoating

Cletracboy

Hello

I've marked the objective lense coatings on my leica geovid binoculars I think I got blood on them. On a recent wet stalk they were fogging up frustratingly on the ocular lenses too, they are about 12yrs old so possibly worn the coatings off them. Anyone any experience with leica getting repair work done?

palo

I sent mine away to be serviced as one of the eyepieces had seized up and the rangefinder wasn't working properly.
They fixed them and also replaced the outer lenses and rubber housing and left them like new again.
They were 11 years old and they done all the work free of charge.
I was lucky as my mate sent his binoculars in for repair and he was charged.

Cyres

You were very very lucky. I dropped mine on a solid oak floor and buggered up focusing. Sent them back to Portugal March 2020. Cost 400 euros but in fact complete rebuild. On return focus control was incorrectly set so went back again. 2nd time retuned like new FOC. Took best part od 3 months to get them sorted.

D

Cletracboy

I sent mine away to be serviced as one of the eyepieces had seized up and the rangefinder wasn't working properly.
They fixed them and also replaced the outer lenses and rubber housing and left them like new again.
They were 11 years old and they done all the work free of charge.
I was lucky as my mate sent his binoculars in for repair and he was charged.
Where did you send them?

mak

Contact the customer care dept at Leica’s store in Duke Street London. They will arrange the paperwork and you should send to London who will forward onto Portugal for repair.

Freeforester

It’s worth the modest cost to invest in a pair of suitably sized aftermarket lens covers for the objective lenses for all decent glasses, imv. They are cheap, readily available and protect the lenses from the hazards you describe.

Pkiernan

It’s worth the modest cost to invest in a pair of suitably sized aftermarket lens covers for the objective lenses for all decent glasses, imv. They are cheap, readily available and protect the lenses from the hazards you describe.
Would you have any links to these please?

I've just bought a Marsupial harness which is great, but there'll be times when I'm not using the enclosed harness.
Thanks

palo

Where did you send them?
I live in Ireland so I contacted leica in London and they sorted the paper work and they were picked up at my home by courier and returned in 4 weeks.
I was lucky as I didn't have to pay anything. There was a letter in along with them detailing everything they done and saying the repairs were carried out on a good will basis.

Cletracboy

Thank you for the replies. I rang the London store and they sent me the forms to fill in. All boxed up ready to take to the post office now. No offer of paid for collection, it seems from they are inconsistent reading the different posts above.

Cletracboy

Pleased to report that my Geovids were collected and sent away to be repaired and arrived back on Thursday in time for a trip to Norfolk Friday. Came back almost like new. There was a charge for the work but happy to pay to get them back like new. Excellent service, thank you Leica

Cyres

Seems weird. I was sent an email with a attachement printed off label and packed them up in original boxs and took them of to local shop for pick up. Mine went back to Portugal x2. I paid for repiars but carrriage was paid by Leica.

They did come back like new.

D