Available: LEOPARD HUNT Namibia Just got tag

A1Decoy.co.uk

Leopard hunt available in Namibia Just granted tag.Can be taken in 2015 or 2016 time to suit allow 10 days for best results.
£12999 chances are excellent .Next door to Namibias leopard national park . So good supply available .
Been to area seen leopard last 2 visits .Bates being hit just got a tag as so many Big Toms about .
email Sportingagent@hotmail.com for full Details
Just come back see footprints I took a photo ,Wow are they big .See photos below

Last edited:

rick6point5

£12999 chances are excellent .Next door to Namibias leopard national park . So good supply available .

Brilliant......each to their own!!..but you might as well just shoot over the fence.

Boristhedog

'Next door to Namibias leopard national park . So good supply available.'

I have to say that I've never been shooting in Africa but I did think, in my innocence, that shooting this type of animal would be within a recognised cull and that it helped maintain the animals healthy population. If I'm wrong then I'm sorry.

That said, would this be a recognised management cull because it sounds like it's 'just' shoot any beast that happens to stroll past?

A1Decoy.co.uk

The Tag is very rare and only given when there is excess Big Tom Cats in the Area .You apply for the Tag and have to prove the population can stand one Big cat less letting in a new Gene strain into the area .This maintains Healthy population.
Read up on the tag system you will see then how it works for conservation.

rick6point5

I am not saying your hunt will be anything but totally legal and above board in anyway shape or form, unfortunately there are some that are not what they seem.
Several years ago I was talking on this very subject with friends who still work in these areas with both the MET & NAPHA they tell me there are too many 'grey areas' in the legislation exploited by these outfits. such as gaining a tag after animal is shot on the basis it is threat to wildlife & people.

250 tags issued per year specific to an individual/area/ time @N$5000 each + photographic details required to identify animal markings on both sides inc feet, Hunter must be present in picture plus many more details of hunt are required by law

Will you be going on the hunt yourself?

Last edited:

Cadex

I wouldn't shoot a big cat, it's just not for me.
I do however recognize the hunting of big game generates a significant income, much of which is used for conservation purposes of the species.

To that end as much as I wouldn't participate in a big cat hunt myself I don't see a problem with it as a whole.

In terms of the price, 13k is only a mediocre day on the grouse for some people.

novice

I'm sure if people looked into the hunting of most of the big 5, a lot of the good areas will be right up against national parks. Stands to reason as that will be where the biggest populations will be.

Not sure I'd go out of my way to shoot a leopard, especially given the cost, but a good dugga boy. Now that's top of my bucket list. Here's hoping!

novice

rick6point5

Correct the hunt will be Totally legal and above board.
I have been to shoot the bait on a previous hunt. So I know the score.All ethical and done properly.
They still charge for the bait they shoot, I suppose they have to have a meat or biltong permit for that? what bait did you use?

stalker.308

Leopards are one of the few big cats in Africa doing really well and particularly in south Africa the only big cat never stocked on a fenced reserve as they are naturally there and easily climb fences. Lots of money imho

RickyC

Leopard are hard work and don't just wonder by.That is a good price when you factor in the logistics in setting up a hunt for this long.In zim you are looking at £20,000 and Tanz £30,000.Im already booked for Leopard this year but I would jump at this chance to bag a big desert Tom.good luck whoever goes :D

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
There are quite a few of us on here that have hunted Africa, and some of the Big 5. Leopards are not as rare as you would think, and a truly wild Leopard hunt is no walk in the park and can be very dangerous. A wounded Leopard is not something you want to have to track!

We seem to have a few people that have commented on the price, and the price is about right for a Leopard hunt in Namibia. Any hunt for one of the big 5 in Namibia is going to be very strictly controlled and governed, anyone NOT doing so is really going to get their knuckles wrapped!!