• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Sold: LH stock (rh action tikka/howa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmer_mike

Anyone got a spare left handed stock that would fit a right handed action tikka t3 or howa 1500 (short action sporter barrel).?

just learned bad news about my eyes and might have to try shooting off my left shoulder

needsy

Mike, I have the same problem, I am right hand but have a left master eye, so I shoot a shotgun & rifle left handed, but struggle with a left handed bolt.
I brought an aftermarket ambidextrous stock. I have recently change rifles & the new one was a ambidextrous & shoots fine. My rim fires are right handers & shoot ok.
I have seen that CZ now make left hand stocks for right handed actions.
I was looking at the GRS laminate stocks, I think they might offer a left handed laminate stock made for the rifle & right handed action.

palmer_mike

Thanks for that. The reason I'm after a stock for a RH action is just to send if I can shoo ok off the other shoulder.
if it works out I'll probably end up selling my rifles and going for a LH one.

needsy

Try shooting it with the stock that you have, I can shoot most rifles with right handed stocks unless they have a high cheek piece. You could also try a left handed stock pad,iphone 27th june 2014 168.jpg

Mike, I have the same problem, I am right hand but have a left master eye, so I shoot a shotgun & rifle left handed, but struggle with a left handed bolt.
I brought an aftermarket ambidextrous stock. I have recently change rifles & the new one was a ambidextrous & shoots fine. My rim fires are right handers & shoot ok.
I have seen that CZ now make left hand stocks for right handed actions.
I was looking at the GRS laminate stocks, I think they might offer a left handed laminate stock made for the rifle & right handed action.

palmer_mike

Good idea!
i did just have a look at the tikka and think it might be an ambidextrous stock anyway, so I'll have a try with that. The howa I'm not so sure about the stock but I'll have a go...

thesmi

I have a lh thumb hole for rh t3 can get pics next time I go to work as it's in the office drying as just paint it grey stone

dropmdead

Boyds gun stocks offer right bolt left eye options for most rifle configuration. Worth a look if you don't mind laminate or walnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.