Lidl trail cam

MIKEC

If anyone is after a trail cam I've just had an email from lidl and they have got theirs back on sale as of Monday £79.99,

Mr. Gain

You never know how they may differ inside, but Aldi's last lot of trail cameras looked a lot like this and were definitely not worth buying (a pity, because their previous model substantially exceeded expectations).

nun_hunter

Energy if they are pants (from previous ones I've had they were actually very good) you have a three year guarantee and Lidl/Aldi are great at honouring these. If/when if packs up take it back for a refund and you've had a trail camera on a long term loan for free with a refund deposit of £79.99 so not a bad deal at all.

ChrisWill184

I have 2 of these and for the money I can't really fault them. One went faulty just before the 3 year mark and I got a replacement without any questions. Other models from other companies do give amazing picture quality from what I have seen but these are pretty good at less than half the cost.

And at that price I won't be completely distraught if it stolen by some nasty scrote!

Chasey

I have 2 of these and for the money I can't really fault them. One went faulty just before the 3 year mark and I got a replacement without any questions. Other models from other companies do give amazing picture quality from what I have seen but these are pretty good at less than half the cost.

And at that price I won't be completely distraught if it stolen by some nasty scrote!
Exactly and I don't realy care about picture quality, I am only intrested in analising deer movement

Just so long as I can tell its a deer and not a labridor I am happy ;D

sauer

Mines was worth every penny when it caught bat sheet crazy old bitch next door throwing her garden sweepings over my fence ....
Even better when her defending husband was presented with the picture printout .....

Paul

Cyres

If they are Maginon ones then they are good, I have had one for years, went wrong after 30+ months, sent it back for repair, new one arrived.

They are excellent value for the money.

D

JTO

Only one left on the shelf in Weymouth Lidl at 0900. Five sold, may be some more out the back! Don't appear to capture colours, just monochrome.
Password protected(optional).
Supplied with micro SD card with adapter so that other devices can read it. Normal SD card won't fit.

Last edited:

kal

Popped into Lidls this eve and there were about 10 units still for sale.
I was tempted but when they were on sale at my local 2 years ago they didn't sell, after a couple of weeks they went on sale and i picked one up for £40.
Still going strong and well worth the money.
I'll keep an eye on these ones.

willowbank

If they are Maginon ones then they are good, I have had one for years, went wrong after 30+ months, sent it back for repair, new one arrived.

They are excellent value for the money.

D
I have been running over a dozen Maginon cams from both Aldi and Lidle now 24/7 for over 4 years and been gradually replacing them with 940nm Ltl Acorns which are totally covert, invisible in action at night.
I have had no issues at all with the Maginon WK1 models but have had some problems with the sound quality of the later model WK3.

Over the years I have learned that battery choice is critical to achieving a good result with trail cams, having tried at great expense almost every rechargeable available I have found Vapex 2500ah instant to be the very best, they hold their power on standby far longer and especially in video mode enough power is needed to get good results, most batteries leech power on standby, these do not or at least it's minimal, so power is available when required even if the cam has been idle for quite sometime.

so to recap... check your batteries before you judge the camera.

If anyone would like to swap info, advice etc on trailcams I am always happy to hear from you, just pm initially.

all the best WB.

jackfish

Was in at Lidl today and there are still 7 units up for grabs at £79.99 each. Might just hold off a week or two to see if they go on sale. Might be worth a punt but already have 3, I'm sure a couple more wouldn't hurt.