List of AWs

Mungo

Could anyone point me in the direction of a list of currently active DSC2 AWs?

Google is not being my friend.

Monkey Spanker

Rather sensitive information and is not readily available for good reason!
You will get a list from your chosen Training Centre when you register for DSC 2.
MS

Monkey Spanker

I already have DSC2, but lost the list.

Why is it sensitive??
Because it contains contact details of people that own firearms and shoot deer?:rolleyes:
As well as the Data Protection Act, certain individuals would like to gain such data for the wrong reasons.
MS

philip

Could anyone point me in the direction of a list of currently active DSC2 AWs?

Google is not being my friend.
your confusing me here ( although that is very easy done :D)

if you already have a completed DSC2 portfolio - why would you want the AW list. ??? If it's for a friend they will get a list when they register as MS suggests

if you contact whoever was your portfolio provider / area. BDS / BASC etc I guess they would sort

Last edited:

Mungo

Because it contains contact details of people that own firearms and shoot deer?:rolleyes:
As well as the Data Protection Act, certain individuals would like to gain such data for the wrong reasons.
MS
Don't be silly.

If you wanted to know who owns firearms and/or shoots deer, there are tens of very simple ways to do it. Google people offering stalking. Pay attention to people coming and going from a clay range. Take reg numbers at a shoot or a hunt. Etc etc.

If I remember, the AW list only has email and phone number, not home addresses - so is only marginally less 'secure' than SD!

Mungo

Anyway - I have a list now. Many Thanks to those who helped.

I shall be auctioning it off to the local criminal fraternity as soon as possible. I'm sure the underworld demand for bolt action hunting rifles has never been hotter...

Dexter

I shall be auctioning it off to the local criminal fraternity as soon as possible. I'm sure the underworld demand for bolt action hunting rifles has never been hotter...
That's not even slightly funny Mungo.

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff

I have to agree with the previous posters remark. This type of comment is not what I expect from an established member of the site. The police monitor this site along with many others, and even though it may have been said tongue in cheek, it is not the type of remark I expect to see on this site.

The AW list is confidential, and we as Aw's are requested by DMQ not to distribute the list as it does contain personal information. Whether in your opinion you think this is wrong has got nothing to do with it. Members of this site do not in general have their private email address, phone number or name exposed to the wider world, unless they choose to do so and are trade members.

Monkey Spanker

Don't be silly.

If you wanted to know who owns firearms and/or shoots deer, there are tens of very simple ways to do it. Google people offering stalking. Pay attention to people coming and going from a clay range. Take reg numbers at a shoot or a hunt. Etc etc.

If I remember, the AW list only has email and phone number, not home addresses - so is only marginally less 'secure' than SD!

Well, I'm really glad my details are in such safe hands!
Some of us take our personal security quite seriously! The fact that you don't is great, as it makes those of us that do less of a soft target!
However, the fact that YOU see the security of MY details as a joke does NOT impress me!
Just being able to 'Google' someones phone number or name or email address will often link you to a business or similar where you can soon discover who someone is and where they live and work. The rest is then easy.
If you want to compromise yourself, then that's fine, but don't compromise others with your stupidity!
MS

Have a look at posts #36 - #41 here:
https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/115468-Injured-deer-To-shoot-or-not-to-shoot/page5?highlight=post+phone+number

Last edited:

Tim.243

Well, I'm really glad my details are in such safe hands!
Some of us take our personal security quite seriously! The fact that you don't is great, as it makes those of us that do less of a soft target!
However, the fact that YOU see the security of MY details as a joke does NOT impress me!
Just being able to 'Google' someones phone number or name or email address will often link you to a business or similar where you can soon discover who someone is and where they live and work. The rest is then easy.
If you want to compromise yourself, then that's fine, but don't compromise others with your stupidity!
MS

Have a look at posts #36 - #41 here:
https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/115468-Injured-deer-To-shoot-or-not-to-shoot/page5?highlight=post+phone+number

Mick you are flapping your arms again.....

This is contradicting what you have just posted....look at the bottom part with your web site and phone number!!!

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/134056-Tree-stumps?p=1242688&viewfull=1#post1242688

Tim.243

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Can we please stop this petty answering.

The OP asked for something that quite rightly MS pointed out is NOT for general distribution. This is CLEARLY asked for by DMQ when the new list is distributed to Aw's.

Frankly it is not for anyone on here to question why, it is confidential information that DMQ do not want distributed to all and sundry. If you are applying for your Level 2 the candidate will be given a list of current AW's.

Mungo

I apologise.

Of course I take my and everyone else's security seriously, and have no intention of misusing the information or making it publicly accessible, and I apologise for being flippant.

I was unware that DSC asked it not to be distributed, and while I may be sceptical about the logic, I respect their request.