Liverpool shooting show banned

Howe1401

Civil disobedience does work well, but I think most of my pals that I hunt with would be worried about their FAC for voicing their opinion. I sometimes feel that we can't speak out freely for fear of repercussions from the authorities, and that's just wrong. No easy answer to this, but I feel it's driven by ignorance and not being open minded enough to listen to other opinions, both ways.

gr1ffer

Shocking!

I was out shooting ducks last night with a couple of old boys on the syndicate and one of the old boys said that I won’t see my grand children shooting as it will be banned!

I’m starting to think he’s right!
Don’t know about grandchildren I’m beginning to think by my next renewal there will be nowt left to renew for

riddick

one day "antis " will find themselves on the endangered species list, 'cos everywhere they go someone who's hobby or livelihood the took from them will want a piece of them.
that day may come sooner than first thought.
once there is nothing legal to shoot, there will be no reason for the public to own guns, no-one will have to concern themselves with losing the fac/sgc, those with nothing to lose are always the most dangerous.

Last edited:

leec6.5

one day "antis " will find themselves on the endangered species list, 'cos everywhere they go someone who's hobby or livelihood the took from them will want a piece of them.
that day may come sooner than first thought.
once there is nothing legal to shoot, there will be no reason for the public to own guns, no-one will have to concern themselves with losing the fac/sgc, those with nothing to lose are always the most dangerous.
A good friend and I were only talking about this yesterday.

im starting to think I will be the first and only hunter in the family.

Greymaster

When BASC, "The Voice of Shooting" recovers from its selective laryngitis, and speaks out against the unjustified banning by Liverpool Council, please remember that they banned Chris Packham from the Game Fair, thereby giving tacit consent to unjustified banning and no-platforming of opponents. Short-sighted knee-jerk responses from BASC only endanger our sport.

CHAZNUT2

myself and some friends built a shooting club in a cellar in liverpool 30 yrs ago. we now have over a 150 members. there were 5 other clubs at the time in the city we are now the last one. i think that reflects the pressures on our chosen sports. we cant seem to recruit younger members any more and with the antics of our council leaders i cant see this changeing any time soon if at all ps thanks for allowing me to join the forum

CarlW

myself and some friends built a shooting club in a cellar in liverpool 30 yrs ago. we now have over a 150 members. there were 5 other clubs at the time in the city we are now the last one. i think that reflects the pressures on our chosen sports. we cant seem to recruit younger members any more and with the antics of our council leaders i cant see this changeing any time soon if at all ps thanks for allowing me to join the forum
I thought everyone in Liverpool carried a shooter as a matter of course....?

More seriously, welcome to the forum. I miss the Waterloo Cup at Altcar!

Kind regards,

Carl

merlin

....good job that Liverpool Council have absolutely everything else they are responsible for totally under control and problem-free so that they can focus on this as a priority instead of potholes, care homes, housing, litter, leisure centres, rubbish collections, homelessness.......

kes

I well remember in the 80's ? wandering round a gunshop in the very centre (near the hotel) looking for shoot stuff and being interested to see a guy buying 2 colt 45's for combat shooting. he tried the harness on and fiddled with the pistols in the shop main window. I thought Liverpool a tolerant place, certainly its people are great as long as things are bolted down ! I wish you luck.