Location of a gun cabinet

Leica Amplus 6

Trufflehunting

Does anyone know if it is ok to site a gun cabinet in an attached garage, would this be acceptable to the police

Regards

TH

Cyres

Highly unlikely unless its very secure and alarmed. Point is what else is the garage eg tools to enable cabinet to be compromised etc.

Would be a no in A@S

D

Naseby

Highly unlikely unless its very secure and alarmed. Point is what else is the garage eg tools to enable cabinet to be compromised etc.

Would be a no in A@S

D

Yes I did this once. I suppose it will depend on all other circumstances though.
Mine at the time was an integral garage so the only external way in was through an up and over door.
The house was alarmed (the garage wasn't) and if I remember correctly the Police asked me to have a couple of internal locks fitted to the external garage door.
The point they made which I found interesting was not to fit the locks on the outside of the door as it encouraged burglars to test them.
So from the outside the Garage Door looked fairly innocuous, but from the inside it was very secure.
I suspect it's another of those county by county situations
I would have a word with your FAO over tea and biscuits and ask the question.

Bandooki

Mine is in my attached garage, which has access through the house, but it's hidden inside an old kitchen unit, so not obvious to an observer, and the kitchen door unit has an anti-tamper alarm 24/7. Passed no issues

timbrayford

Does anyone know if it is ok to site a gun cabinet in an attached garage, would this be acceptable to the police

Regards

TH

I appreciate your concerns but what you really need to be asking yourself is when the criminal community visit will it resist attack.

atb Tim

ronscomon

Guidance says generally not to allow it, but if the security is as good or better than the rest of the house, then there's no reason not to. As the man says - talk to your FLO.

Leica Amplus 6