Lock down??

SGArms

I think new laws will be brought in to enforce people to stay home and really this is because the government have lost control of big towns & cities. Once they have us all under lockdown and this flu epidemic has vanished the next step will be to remove all gun ownership in the UK! As I live in a rural area shooting deer and foxes is a very isolated pastime so I will carry on

Bavarianbrit

I think we are probably going into lock down in the next couple of days people really amaze me in their stupidity.We as a family have not met up for Mother’s Day,gone for walks on our own kept our distance from everyone only to see Weston sea front packed cheddar gorge full of people even a car boot sale on why can’t people just listen and take advice.Look to Europe and see what will happen.
This will annoy a lot of readers and it is not in any way meant to insult anybody but IMO there is an overabundance of stupid and selfish I know better types in the UK than I have ever seen in other cultures in all my travels around the world. If it is caused by being an island nation who knows? The upsurge in the "me" culture seems to have kicked off around the late 90"s. All subjective but that"s what I am feeling, fwiw, it is a big shame to me because I was always happy to return home in the 70-80"s to the cosy atmosphere of "hello me ducks" in the local shops.

stubear

Hi I’m wondering if the country goes into lock down and you’re stopped by the police would culling on a estate that you are syndicate member be classed as your travel is for work? And would you be aloud to continue or sent home??
It'll depend on how draconian the legislation is when it comes in I reckon.

If the guidance is we all must be at least two meters away from each other and the powers state "you'll be stopped and questioned, and assuming your reason is sound you'll be allowed on your way or otherwise you'll be told to return home" then yes going stalking probably would be acceptable if you're on your tod.

If it gets to the point of needing a chit to go out and folks getting arrested and/or heavily fined for being out without said permission then I suspect it probably wont be acceptable to go stalking.

Its all going to come down to how stupid the general public continues to be to be honest.

At the moment we've had guidance and requests to stay indoors and people are plain ignoring it - going to the pub, going for walks, going to the beach, meeting up with family on mothers day and all sorts. So now the pubs and restaurants have been closed, but people are still going out all over the country. Just look at the pictures from the weekend all along the south coast - people everywhere carrying on as normal.

If I were a betting man I think people will carry on regardless until such time as they are forced not to, and the knock on effect of that will be some pretty draconian powers being exercised as a result.

As a card carrying Libertarian I find this really frustrating to be honest - If people decided to stop being massive bellends about this we'd probably be in a much different place with far fewer liberties lost, but people be dumb.

Freeforester

This will annoy a lot of readers and it is not in any way meant to insult anybody but IMO there is an overabundance of stupid and selfish I know better types in the UK than I have ever seen in other cultures in all my travels around the world. If it is caused by being an island nation who knows? The upsurge in the "me" culture seems to have kicked off around the late 90"s. All subjective but that"s what I am feeling, fwiw, it is a big shame to me because I was always happy to return home in the 70-80"s to the cosy atmosphere of "hello me ducks" in the local shops.
Classic "Britannia Waives the Rules" behaviour, Martin. :coat: Can hardly be approved in this instance, though, as it seems that globally as well as nationally 'we're in this together'.

AGR

In Rome, you are only allowed 200m from your house. Australia, I understand there's a 20,000$ for breaking quarantine laws. I believe it's £30 here, although a lot of construction workers must be racking it up!
3 weeks won't be enough.

Blobby159

In Rome, you are only allowed 200m from your house. Australia, I understand there's a 20,000$ for breaking quarantine laws. I believe it's £30 here, although a lot of construction workers must be racking it up!
3 weeks won't be enough.
So from whence did one gather that "I believe it's £30 here" fine information from please 'AGR'? Seems I am PERMANENTLY behind the times where information of this type is concerned and I would truly wish to get closer to the point of information origin!?..
Thanks & Regards,
Blobbs....

ATB ..... and shoot safely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaulCat

I too heard the £30 fine quoted, on the radio I think. Not sure of the source those as like most of us I've been bombarded with it all these last few days.

mchughcb

3 weeks won't be enough.
Yes if you've been asked to self quarantine either by arriving from overseas, or testing positive and break that then you can be fined $20K. I'd prefer that they lock those people up in a small crowded jail cell at the local police station for being so stupid - Hey what?

AGR

So from whence did one gather that "I believe it's £30 here" fine information from please 'AGR'? Seems I am PERMANENTLY behind the times where information of this type is concerned and I would truly wish to get closer to the point of information origin!?..
Thanks & Regards,
Blobbs....

ATB ..... and shoot safely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can't remember where I read that, I've read so much lately! As PaulCat says, we've been bombarded with information lately! One thing is for certain, it will get worse, and the next few generations will be paying for it. All because some Chinese person(s) eats pangolins. (That bit Blobby is in the video link I posted).

Freeforester

I can't remember where I read that, I've read so much lately! As PaulCat says, we've been bombarded with information lately! One thing is for certain, it will get worse, and the next few generations will be paying for it. All because some Chinese person(s) eats pangolins. (That bit Blobby is in the video link I posted).
Got a thread name and number for the pangolin vid bit AGR? I'm having difficulty locating it, thx.

AN DU RU FOX

Fixed penalty notices range from £75 to £150 for dropping Litter but only £30 for breaking a government rule and possible infecting people with a deadly Virus, somethings not quite right here :-|
The reasoning is (simple) like the people that are not heeding the rules,is that people where/are expected to heed the rules but has been seen the fukwits are still out there. The government in their bubbles didn,t expect people to ignore life and death rules.;)

AGR

Fixed penalty notices range from £75 to £150 for dropping Litter but only £30 for breaking a government rule and possible infecting people with a deadly Virus, somethings not quite right here :-|
Just heard on the news, £60 for not keeping your distance. Not £30 as I quoted in an earlier post. Ought to make quite a bit on the tube trains in the morning!