Log splitter

Leica Amplus 6

marrajack

I have a decent axe, however looking to invest in a hand held log splitter/bomb etc. not stalking I know, but loosely related ermmmm

243ack

Get an electric/hydraulic one. Bought a cheapy years ago: never split a log by hand since!.

bewsher500

I hate the mauls with a passion!

problem with most logs is they are not dry enough and most of the axes I have seen are blunt sticky things

I sharpen my axes and polish them past the "Ogive"!
comes from my time working on a lumberjack competition in Australia
some of those axes would have cut your sunday roast they were so sharp

the polish stops it sticking and when you chopping a a few tons the weight difference does not take its toll like a 8lb mell

John Gryphon

We have wood so fugging tough compared to many other parts of the world and life is made so much easier with one of these...I love using it and what was once a tough old job is now a breeze.
It doesnt matter about the grain or forks etc it splits anything put on the table. That in conjunction with an 066 Stihl means a shed full of wood.
I toss the split wood straight into the tractor bucket to tip out in the shed.

http://www.superaxe.com.au/products/aussie-chopper-ws100/

TOMMY270

I have a decent axe, however looking to invest in a hand held log splitter/bomb etc. not stalking I know, but loosely related ermmmm

Hi Marrajack,

treat yourself and your back!! electric 5 ton splitters start around 140ish careful what you buy if its cheaper than this, you will struggle to get parts if you require any...

Lawnflite make decent log splitters is various sizes and prices.

regards
Tom

BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope