Long barrel revolver shooters

Tomcottrell

Hi, anyone on here shoot any long barrelled pistols or revolvers, really fancy a Taurus 66 in .44 mag for fun and target shooting, anyone got anything similar? Any any recommendations?
Cheers
a14f406898c7c7f7591f30aef5fc56cb.jpg

Have tried Alfa Carbine .38/.357 which felt better than a Taurus as it was evenly balanced. Also believe it comes with a rifle grip for those who want a rifle revolver, the closest it comes to a semi auto as all you need to do is pull the trigger for 6 rounds.

A1.JPGA2.JPG

Now that looks awesome! They seem to be quite rare in the uk, and I’ve seen some revolvers with 24” barrels so they don’t need the back brace, bet they would be fun!

I used to have one... compared to a normal pistol I found it was heavy and cumbersome... but it was still fun!

2CD9D2A8-D179-429B-A004-D904DF5681D8.jpeg

I had a Taurus in 38/357 a few years back,it was okay but feel as nice as the big standard smith wesson 586 I had previously so I sold it on.Now looking to get back into LBR's and waiting on my ticket coming back going for a Chiappa rhino this time.
Mate has a taurus in 44 that might be for sale.

I had my 5" barrel pre-Model 27 Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum "N" Frame on my licence for feral goats in Scotland. When the Tory ban came in 1996 rather than surrender it I gave it to a German. But I use its serial number as one of my passwords. So as to never forget the contempt shown by a Conservative Government to those law abiding shooters who didn't go to Dunblane, who weren't Thomas Hamilton and who didn't murder a class of schoolchildren and their teacher.

I had a Taurus in 38/357 a few years back,it was okay but feel as nice as the big standard smith wesson 586 I had previously so I sold it on.Now looking to get back into LBR's and waiting on my ticket coming back going for a Chiappa rhino this time.
Mate has a taurus in 44 that might be for sale.

Brilliant, and do you know how much he is after? Just waiting for my variation to come back now to get one, tia

I had my 5" barrel pre-Model 27 Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum "N" Frame on my licence for feral goats in Scotland. When the Tory ban came in 1996 rather than surrender it I gave it to a German. But I use its serial number as one of my passwords. So as to never forget the contempt shown by a Conservative Government to those law abiding shooters who didn't go to Dunblane, who weren't Thomas Hamilton and who didn't murder a class of schoolchildren and their teacher.
I often wonder if the police started shooting first!

That looks ace! What sight is on it and how has it been mounted? Thanks

It's an Aimpoint scope mounted on a scope rail (I can't remember the make of the rail though, but it's not Taurus!).

I still have the Aimpoint if you are after one. ;)

I never felt the need to take up Long Barrelled Pistol shooting after the 1997 pistol ban. Couldn’t find the interest personally but for those that found it interesting it probably was a new start.
I still have three Webley revolvers and a Smith & Wesson triple lock revolver, my model 82 Webley and my Webley Fosbery have been sold quite recently, non are deactivated so will be sold to collectors.
But for the long barrelled pistols who knows maybe one day, l never say never!!

Still better to fly to the US or mainland Europe to fire a few handguns the way it is supposed to be. For me nothing beats a good Glock 17.

I am alongside with FH with this. By the time of the ban I'd a S & W Model 12, the S & W .357 Magnum as above, a Savage .32ACP and a Smith & Wesson .32 S & W Long Military and Police and a S & W .38 S & W British Contract. All bar that .357 Magnum were surrendered. I retained a .455 Webley Mk VI on s7.1 and acquired a Tokarev and Nagant under s7.3. But all have gone now since 2014 and I haven't shot a pistol nor revolver since then. Each to their own but long barrel revolvers have never appealed to me.

I am alongside with FH with this. By the time of the ban I'd a S & W Model 12, the S & W .357 Magnum as above, a Savage .32ACP and a Smith & Wesson .32 S & W Long Military and Police and a S & W .38 S & W British Contract. All bar that .357 Magnum were surrendered. I retained a .455 Webley Mk VI on s7.1 and acquired a Tokarev and Nagant under s7.3. But all have gone now since 2014 and I haven't shot a pistol nor revolver since then. Each to their own but long barrel revolvers have never appealed to me.

Do l sense you had a liking for Smith & Wesson, l may be wrong??

It's the "hump" at the back of the frame. Colt's double action revolvers were a swine to fire rapid double action. They all torque in the hand. Worst were the New Service which I owned a various times in .45 Colt, .44-40 and .455. Th Smith "hump" butts into the web between the thumb and trigger finger as you'll know from your Triplelock and so no torque. On the Colt it lacks it.

Back