Lymph Glands

Heym SR20

Couple of deer that I have shot have had lymph glands in the groin and neck area that were a bit swollen. When gralloching there were no obvious other signs of desease etc.

Have cut these away when butchering the meat, but should I be more worried. One was an older roe buck during the summer, the other was a half grown red calf which had lost its mother to bad weather a few days before.

MarkH

On wild game you will sometimes get enlarged but normal lymph nodes. I assure you, you will know a pathological lymph node when you see one.

Mark

Beowulf

Pete E is right about the pictures of diseases etc on this site and I know that Morena is hoping to build a comprehensive disease, injury and parasite data base into the site. As Pete points out, to do this he will need good quality photos from the sites members. ;)
There is nothing stopping us from being not only a very good deer management site but also the best site for deer management training. We have a good foundation, all we need is our members to show us what they can do. Its exciting times for the site and I feel it can only get better.

basil

Distinguished Member
For those who are less experienced at carcase inspection (like me) google The deer commission of scotland. Good, easy to understand info on there.
(sorry if i sound like i`m knocking the more experienced folk here)
basil.