MagPul Bipods. In the UK yet?

Muir

I picked up a couple of these bipods at the sports center in the city last week. They are less than half the price of my least expensive Atlas and make the comparably priced Harris feel like wire coat-hangers attached to a couple of springs. I put one on my 300 WM abnd gave the other to my girl friend for her 308.~Muir
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiM0O3J34PeAhU9IjQIHaZeBV4QFjAAegQIBxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.magpul.com%2Ffeatured%2Fbipod&usg=AOvVaw0VoQ-Qk67liYy_vzI7gVQ2

tarponhead

They look good and solid. £150 here but cheaper than Atlas and Spartan. How heavy are they? I'm thinking of one for my long barrel stalking rifle in 6.5 swede, so recoil is not really an issue, but the less weight the better. If its as heavy, I might get one for my .308 instead, which is more compact and probably more deserving of it for recoil.

bluesako

hi are they only for a picatinny rail system or can they just fit on a sling stud like the harris? cheers bs.

Last edited:

8x57

Distinguished Member
hi are they only for a picatinny rail system or can they just fit on a sling stud like the harris? cheers bs.
If you follow the link posted in the original post it shows the various mounting systems on offer and no doubt some enterprising person will come up with alternatives too.

Muir

They look good and solid. £150 here but cheaper than Atlas and Spartan. How heavy are they? I'm thinking of one for my long barrel stalking rifle in 6.5 swede, so recoil is not really an issue, but the less weight the better. If its as heavy, I might get one for my .308 instead, which is more compact and probably more deserving of it for recoil.
The site says 11 ounces but I weighed mine on a Postal Scale and it came out to about 9oz with the Pic rail mounting system. ~Muir

Treedave

Muir,
is that the quick release option (in the start of vid photo) or the bolt on version?
cheers

Muir

Muir,
is that the quick release option (in the start of vid photo) or the bolt on version?
cheers
I think that's the M-Loc mount. Unless you mean the still photo before you push play. That is the QD. You can see the lever on the far side.~Muir

Last edited:

Muir

I have used mine quite a bit since posting this, and have bought two more for my Creedmoor Ruger and 300 Win Mag. No issues.~Muir