Manhunt/Bellfield

shortshot

Good watch, martin clunes makes very plausible ordinary policeman. Must have enjoyed it cos staying awake after 9 pm three nights in a row in front of a fire is not usual behaviour for me!

Dodder

Good show and well worth watching, especially as its not fictional. My belief is that people who commit such terrible crimes should be handed over to the families to allow them to mete out their own justice as they feel fit. If that were the case I have a feeling many of these would be subject to the type of justice that might just deter others from committing such evil deeds.
The other advantage would probably be significant savings to the tax payer as there is little point in putting dead murderers and child rapists in prison!

Bellfield should have gotten a long drop on a short rope, like a few more. I don't understand why the taxpayer should pay for their keep, medical, security which is a collossal cost. To what ends ?
I think some so called news editors (phone hacking etc) should have been nailed to a door with Bellfield as well.

Gripping series. Although you knew the final outcome the details of the potential delays caused by the frustrating infighting between the Met and Surrey Constabulary wound me up proper. Whether that was accurate or a bit of dramatic licence I don't know, came over convincingly.

Alan

Bellfield should have gotten a long drop on a short rope, like a few more. I don't understand why the taxpayer should pay for their keep, medical, security which is a collossal cost. To what ends ?
With things the way they are these days and the technology they have to enable it to be the right person convicted I think punishments should be made stronger in cases like these..
Look a the two who did what they did to Lee Rigby poor lad, get rid as it's a waste of taxpayers money in my opinion.