Manual Handling Inverness

North Stalker

Does anyone know a course provider or does anyone on here do the training?

Please PM if you do.

Thanks in Advance
NS

jer

For manual handling advice you can go onto the HSE website and download free documentation for generic and specific manual handling there is quite a lot available. It really isn't to technical and mostly common sense to use the documents yourself and train whoever you need to. If you are training others make sure they sign and date confirmation that they have had the training and keep a copy of the training documents in the file.

8x57

Distinguished Member
I don't think many people physically attend courses anymore as it is mostly done online?
Glyn while you are quite correct in saying that a lot of training is online rather than in the classroom or workplace, I wouldn't go quite so far as to say that the majority takes place online.
I'm not knocking online training because it has its place but in my experience, and its something I deal with on a regular basis, there are some very dodgy online training providers in some fields. Some of the so called training online is years out of date, or just totally wrong even to the point of being dangerous.. So if you're going down the online route you need to be very careful about choosing the right training provider, and never believe any online endorsements because an awful lot of them are self written. Exactly the same goes for real life trainers as many of them are also found more than just slightly wanting, and what they provide certainly doesn't stand up to close scrutiny.
Training especially with regard to anything safety related is a huge business with more than it's fair share of chancers and rogues.

AN DU RU FOX

Does anyone know a course provider or does anyone on here do the training?

Please PM if you do.

Thanks in Advance
NS
When i did it it was just a morning talk dinner then more talking and it was with an added working at heights at the end no test ,just someone going through the motions,a lot less than my faaw, and that was at a proper training center. just money making schemes in my view

lordy

Online training is ok for yearly refresher training but initial training by many is preferred face to face, and with any HSE training if it comes to the crunch in a court of law the first thing they will say is prove it was adequate. Hence why I only deliver accredited Ofqual regulated training courses.