Vacancy: Mar Lodge

That's a shjite salary. Lower than an assistant at my local recycling centre.
I think you will find that its not to bad. You will normally have a house car and other equipment needed. If you working in a recycling centre you would have costs mortgage/rent, heating ,water rates. Vehicle costs. I cant do the maths but i am sure that just the rent alone per annum would be close to £7000.

It's true, you ain't going to get rich and of course to do it at all well you'll have to be pretty young and fit. Most likely there won't be set hours and there'll be weekend work too. But for sure the life will suit someone.

I think you will find that its not to bad. You will normally have a house car and other equipment needed. If you working in a recycling centre you would have costs mortgage/rent, heating ,water rates. Vehicle costs. I cant do the maths but i am sure that just the rent alone per annum would be close to £7000.
£583 per month is low nowadays for rent.

You don't suppose they'd put a member of staff in a property with a high rental value, do you? 😆
A tied cottage I was in was cold as fcuk. Windy days the toilet paper would wave as well as the livng room carpet. Frosty periods the ice was on the inside of the windows. We would ask for things to be done but there was no chance. Awk, but we were happy.

Back in the day as a trainee 2 of us lived in a detached 3 bedroom bungalow with wood burning stove. In reality it was an old whalers hut brought up from Sth Georgia. Corrugated iron outer walls, no insulation and v lining internal walls. In the first 3 months living there we trapped 12 rats in the place. First wage £3.00. Happy days.

A tied cottage I was in was cold as fcuk. Windy days the toilet paper would wave as well as the livng room carpet. Frosty periods the ice was on the inside of the windows. We would ask for things to be done but there was no chance. Awk, but we were happy.
Reminds me of my childhood that does..

Back in the day as a trainee 2 of us lived in a detached 3 bedroom bungalow with wood burning stove. In reality it was an old whalers hut brought up from Sth Georgia. Corrugated iron outer walls, no insulation and v lining internal walls. In the first 3 months living there we trapped 12 rats in the place. First wage £3.00. Happy days.

Wood burning stove!
Walls?
Free rat trapping?

Luxury.

Is this the Mar Lodge where the first thing NTS did was sack the stalkers and sell the ponies? They then decided the deer were stopping the regen of the forest and slaughtered them from helicopters leaving the carcasses on the hills. There was such an outcry that they commissioned a report which basically said that the senior management didn’t have the knowledge or skills to run the estate and that most of their decisions had been wrong. Is this the same one?

@Ploddy Paul wrong I'm afraid. Various stalkers left, there were only two horses used and there weren't any gillies with experience to work them. Deer were culled to help tree regeneration but nothing was shot from a helicopter and nothing was left on the hill. I can't comment on the report but I am an ex employee and spent 16 very happy years there.

I was working off my poor memory of an article I had read quite some time ago so maybe I’ve muddled it with something else. Thanks for the correction.

Back