Mauser m 12 impact

Cant say i have.

Done probably 100 odd stalks with mine in all conditions and a dozen range sessions and still spot on.

Dry it out after every trip and wipe down with Balistol. Deep clean dependent on use.

Only thing im getting is slight smoothing above the palm swell by the bolt where I think its rubbing on my jacket when shouldered.

Why do you ask?

I went too my local gun dealer too have a look.iv got an mo3 that's starting too look a bit worse for wear.cant afford too go down that route again.so thought I would have a look at one of these.the thumb hole stock looked a bit flimsy. Just wondering if anything like a bypod upset the point of impact. If not I'm going too take the plunge..

I went too my local gun dealer too have a look.iv got an mo3 that's starting too look a bit worse for wear.cant afford too go down that route again.so thought I would have a look at one of these.the thumb hole stock looked a bit flimsy. Just wondering if anything like a bypod upset the point of impact. If not I'm going too take the plunge..
The thumb hole is the m12 max, the impact is grey synthetic with a coated/painted barrel

Correct. My mistake. I like the the stock looks comfortable. And the fluted barrel is nice as well the rest speaks for its self .wonder if the do one in a 6.5

Yes do one in 6.5. Why is your MO3 worse for wear. How long you had it. Was it second hand? MO3 is a great rifle and should certainly last a long time

Just don’t press the magazine release too hard on the M03

They are a press fit on the link arm, had to repair a couple which have let go of the magazine latch ,,,,,

Yes do one in 6.5. Why is your MO3 worse for wear. How long you had it. Was it second hand? MO3 is a great rifle and should certainly last a long time
I'm talking on a cosmetic side.the workings on the gun are bomb proof.its a walnut stock you see.needs too be synthetic

You would have to strip the action out of the stock to get to the mechanism
The first sign is a “woolly” feel on the mag release button and from there inconsistent release or securement of the mag

could you not re stock it with an aftermarket stock? or even a Mauser offering, there's usually lots of factory stocks available from those who "upgraded " to custom. [or are you just trying to justify that "new rifle itch" that we all get from time to time? ] ;)

could you not re stock it with an aftermarket stock? or even a Mauser offering, there's with the thumb usually lots of factory stocks available from those who "upgraded " to custom. [or are you just trying to justify that "new rifle itch" that we all get from time to time? ] ;)
Ha that itches been scratched too many times all ready this year.no just thinking about getting one look nice wit the thumb hole stock and black fluted barrel. Ok its another bloody itch

Had one, great rifle with above features for the price. The stock is better than a tikka, the bolt is better than a sako and it's as accurate as a Blaser. Not much more to want unless you dont like a rail or want a switch barrel.

100gr Winchester and Sako Game heads all seemed fine but I settled with 100gr Federal Powershok due to their accuracy, cost and availability.

Reactions: JSF
Back