Wanted: Meat mincer

springer

Hi all
Looking for a good quality meat mincer......weshenfelder or such like,
Does anyone have one they might want to sell before I buy a new one?
Many thanks

daw

I got a Kenwood MG510 for about £120 new and good bit of kit. Obviously not big enough for professional butcher but I think it would suit many. I do around 10kgs a time no problem.

dlz90

I bought one of these and its a really strong performer with copper wound motor and more importantly an all steel gearbox it is powerful enough to do all my processing and can handle everything I've thrown at it with ease I initially had a buffalo and it was pretty good but this is better and quieter well made and easy to keep clean with its all stainless finish not in the same league as the weshenfelder but for home use perfect.

https://www.luvele.co.uk/products/luvele-ultimate-meat-grinder

Last edited:

d0nni

just an update on the lidl mincer. I had one there for a while. Didnt do a MASSIVE amount of mincing but done a fair we spin with it. just packed in. took it apart to see what the craic was. cheap plastic gears. ground to pieces. done rightly for 30 quid and would certainly pull ya outta a hole

d0nni

I bought one of these and its a really strong performer with copper wound motor and more importantly an all steel gearbox it is powerful enough to do all my processing and can handle everything I've thrown at it with ease I initially had a buffalo and it was pretty good but this is better and quieter well made and easy to keep clean with its all stainless finish not in the same league as the weshenfelder but for home use perfect.

https://www.luvele.co.uk/products/luvele-ultimate-meat-grinder

How are you still finding this mincer? Currently in the market for a mincer myself. Had one of the Lidl mincers and its packed in. Done for a while but looking something for that sort of money, but would still like it to be quite robust (we shoot around 20-25 deer a year). One thing which caught my eye with your post was the metal gear box. Is that correct? Its what finally packed in in mine there recently. Gears were cheap plastic.

Thanks,
Andrew

dlz90

How are you still finding this mincer? Currently in the market for a mincer myself. Had one of the Lidl mincers and its packed in. Done for a while but looking something for that sort of money, but would still like it to be quite robust (we shoot around 20-25 deer a year). One thing which caught my eye with your post was the metal gear box. Is that correct? Its what finally packed in in mine there recently. Gears were cheap plastic.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew its been brilliant lad cannot fault it has a strong copper wound motor and the all steel gearbox seems built to last I would be hard pressed to recommend a better mincer especially given the price, punches well above its weight and if ever a problem arises (unlikely but like everything possible) the Luvele customer service is excellent the more I have used it the more I am impressed real strong performer it will be much superior to your ex Lidl.

Damian

d0nni

Andrew its been brilliant lad cannot fault it has a strong copper wound motor and the all steel gearbox seems built to last I would be hard pressed to recommend a better mincer especially given the price, punches well above its weight and if ever a problem arises (unlikely but like everything possible) the Luvele customer service is excellent the more I have used it the more I am impressed real strong performer it will be much superior to your ex Lidl.

Damian
Aye we'll I knew the Lidl one wasn't gonna perform with too much heavy duty work. Just pushed her too hard with some real heavy dried fat. What's it like for the heavy dried fat? Not many videos on youtube with it. All are processing chicken, saw one fella making a dog food mix but the meat didnt seem to fatty (id throw alot of the "crap" in for mince) My dad accidently put some small bone into my mum's Kenwood this afternoon and busted it (he's gonna have some craic explaining that one. Kenwood was a wedding gift!) What's the chances of the same happening? Do you give yours much work? I'm rolling between one of those or going that bit further for a ~300 2nd hand commercial. Obviously the commercials coming with their own risks being 2nd hand...

dlz90

Aye we'll I knew the Lidl one wasn't gonna perform with too much heavy duty work. Just pushed her too hard with some real heavy dried fat. What's it like for the heavy dried fat? Not many videos on youtube with it. All are processing chicken, saw one fella making a dog food mix but the meat didnt seem to fatty (id throw alot of the "crap" in for mince) My dad accidently put some small bone into my mum's Kenwood this afternoon and busted it (he's gonna have some craic explaining that one. Kenwood was a wedding gift!) What's the chances of the same happening? Do you give yours much work? I'm rolling between one of those or going that bit further for a ~300 2nd hand commercial. Obviously the commercials coming with their own risks being 2nd hand...

I process maybe half that I shoot per year the rest usually the bigger stuff goes to the game dealer so maybe 15 or so carcasses in all a season I have had bone go through but unlike your oul fella and the kenwood lol,:lol: (tell your ma I'am sorry for laughing) it survived now I would not recommend putting bone through it but you know that already I would guess since up until recently you had the Lidl and to be fair to it processing 25 per season is a lot of work for a plastic gearbox the Luvele would probably suit your needs just don't go crazy with it, easier said than done I know especially with a sh*t load of meat to process but mine has been great, initially with my mine the motor went a bit wonky in that it revved form low to high like racing a bit now it kept on mincing and did not stop but a quick call to Luvele customer service and a few days later a brand new motor was at the door and its been faultless the dried fat to be honest I have not minced much of that but I think it would handle it in moderation just don't push it to fast when alls said and done its a little over £100 mincer new and will not compare to a heavy duty commercial unit so I don't want to send you down the wrong path if you work yours very hard but I also cannot be failed to be impressed with it does a good job.

D

dlz90

I'm intrigued, can you explain "strong performer with copper wound motor "
Are there other types?
genuine question
​.

What I mean is powerful all motors are copper wound or like yourself am I missing something as well lol with the ever changing world in which we live without going to google I have no idea motors maybe are not all the same anymore with brushless tech ect I have been quoting the marketing hype with that statement but no matter the mincer is well worth a punt and for the record great question now to google....:D

D

dlz90

I'm intrigued, can you explain "strong performer with copper wound motor "
Are there other types?
genuine question
​.

Now that you threw me off the mincer question and got me to the motor they can be wound with silver more expensive and aluminium bigger motor for the same output windings needing more volume just a quick search probably a lot more to it but interesting non the less maybe someone more educated in such could enlighten use both.

D

Limpet

Andrew, The luvele looks good. I still use an old Kenwood Chef with the mincer attachment, it dates from perhaps the 1960s or '70s and still works well. The tall stainless steel bowl with it is superb for large capacity and mixing spices in. I assume these are fairly cheap at a car boot or ebay.

d0nni

I process maybe half that I shoot per year the rest usually the bigger stuff goes to the game dealer so maybe 15 or so carcasses in all a season I have had bone go through but unlike your oul fella and the kenwood lol,😆 (tell your ma I'am sorry for laughing) it survived now I would not recommend putting bone through it but you know that already I would guess since up until recently you had the Lidl and to be fair to it processing 25 per season is a lot of work for a plastic gearbox the Luvele would probably suit your needs just don't go crazy with it, easier said than done I know especially with a sh*t load of meat to process but mine has been great, initially with my mine the motor went a bit wonky in that it revved form low to high like racing a bit now it kept on mincing and did not stop but a quick call to Luvele customer service and a few days later a brand new motor was at the door and its been faultless the dried fat to be honest I have not minced much of that but I think it would handle it in moderation just don't push it to fast when alls said and done its a little over £100 mincer new and will not compare to a heavy duty commercial unit so I don't want to send you down the wrong path if you work yours very hard but I also cannot be failed to be impressed with it does a good job.

D
Cheers for throwing that together. Tbf the Lidl one didn't handle all the work. The Kenwood pulled it's weight rightly. Just unlucky the we bone got the better of it.

I wouldn't be too rough with things and would be aware a 100 quid mincer isn't gonna be an absolute tank, but for the money it certainly sounds like it will hold it's own for the job if I do my part and just take it slow.

I'd say the luvele will do the job rightly.

Thanks for the replies!

takbok

Thanks for the Luvele recommendation @dlz90 . I think I'm going to give it a try sooner or later. My Lakeland hand mincer has done well but is getting tired and tests my patience these days.

bryn

Damian

+1
bryn

d0nni

Cheers for the recommendation on the mincer btw lads. Great we purchase. Managed to get one on the cheap from ebay brand new (£75) its a wee tank. Minced the mincing remains from a doe and a calf in 20 minutes (~15lb of mince) - once thick cut then again with the smaller cut.

did give it the recommended cooldown time after 10 minutes but just worked well with the time of mincing the meat and having the swap attachment and clean. by time was done messing about had cooled down enough.

great we addition.

So could do a fallows worth of mince (the leftovers from steaking haunches etc) in one hit say once a month?