meateater netflix

anyone else loving Steve rinella on Netflix, awesome show, some great stalking, tips on everything!, from stalking to butchering and cookery, never much liked Yankee TV for obvious reasons (ye-haas, 600yd pot shots etc) but this guys really humble has good ethics, check it out

Watched them all. Some good stuff and if to be honest a reminder of how anal we've become in the matter of deerstalking in the UK. It's as if we're afraid to admit to enjoying the hunting of deer with a rifle and must only focus on DMQ compliances or get ripped into by the SD Best Practice Police!

K

nun_hunter

Very good, I watched the last couple of season over a few weeks on Netflix and then pretty much binge watched the latest season in a couple of days!

I love his fun rating. A roller coaster is 1 out of 10, low grade and you'll forget it pretty soon but a week hunting in the worst weather and not even shooting anything is a solid 10. You don't even realise it's fun at the time but years later when you're reminiscing you'll have the biggest smile on your face remembering how "bad" it was but actually how much you enjoyed it.

howa243

Overall I have enjoyed watching it. However centre fire rifles should be used with ear defenders and to show a young woman using a 30-06 on a small deer and then complaining about the ringing in her ears is plain stupid.

Roro

Yes i stumbled across meateater earlier in the year and was really impressed. I was previously put off American hunting/shooting/fishing shows like Topshot and Duck dynasty with their silly arguments and fake drama, but find this one much much better.

Woodsmoke

Whats vortex stuff like ?
From what I've seen of it when I was in the US it's very good indeed, and a lot cheaper than the German equivalents. I think you'd need to do a back-to-back comparison to discern any real difference in quality and performance, to be honest though

norma 308

There's plenty of "product placement" though! I also wonder if he is sponsored by Savage Arms?

None of which is a problem.

K
Product Placement but we’re not force fed it like our the sh#€ing show and field sports speel show which I have to turn off and many of our field sports celebs can’t complete a sentence without a product punt

must admit to purchasing a vortex glasspack( bino harness) really good tried others but this ones best! Was in states last month looked at vortex stuff in basspro, think swaro, ziess, Schmidt etc has the edge but for mid range scopes and binos, you could do much worse

mikeakc

Have a listen to the podcast too. It’s free and literally hundreds of hours of quality material. Bloody entertaining too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roro

Product Placement but we’re not force fed it like our the sh#€ing show and field sports speel show which I have to turn off and many of our field sports celebs can’t complete a sentence without a product punt
Yeah they turned me off completely. But i decided to watch a Hungarian boar shooting video of theirs the other day, big mistake, it was one long advert (~15mins) and not a shot taken by any of the "shooters". waste of time.