Medical form

Has anybody on here used Medcert and what did they think of them? Also if not all police forces require it surely it is not a legal requirement
Not used medcert but check with your FEO first, as I believe some forces are refusing to accept an alternative GP if Outside your registered GP practice. Re being legal, the bottom line is the firearms act gives the Chief Officer the power to do what ever they want to confirm you are a fit and proper person to own firearms.

Good luck with your application.

Mine have said I can send in my renewal application and send the medical form when my doctors hopefully get the chance to do it for me , but have suggested possibly using Medcert. I am going to try and wait for my own doctors first before I go elsewhere but am keeping my options open.

Mine have said I can send in my renewal application and send the medical form when my doctors hopefully get the chance to do it for me , but have suggested possibly using Medcert. I am going to try and wait for my own doctors first before I go elsewhere but am keeping my options open.
How did you get on with MedCert?

After waiting 7!!! Months for my local medical centre to fill out my “tick sheet”
I contacted Medicert and paid £50 and expect the results shortly.
The excuse used by the Medical centre was that the Doctors are “not doing private work!”.
I know several G.Ps on a personal level and they are all appalled, especially as in one of my several emails I stated that it didn’t even have to be a doctor signing the form, it could have been the Practice Manager etc.
Anyway I await the results from Medicare.
Interestingly it was my very helpful FEO that suggested other options might be available.
I’ve held a FAC and SGC for over 44 years, and have been with my present GP surgery for 34 years, with about 5 visits for work / equine related injuries.
What a complete farce!

Back