Medium?

kenbro

First family dining out meal for quite a while.
Medium Steak Diana (Sic) for me.
I thought it under cooked, anyone agree?
£25 Inc chips but sans veg.
Ken.

Attachments

• 51DCA367-1BF3-4DF4-858B-5A3E9E33EB1E.jpeg
    51DCA367-1BF3-4DF4-858B-5A3E9E33EB1E.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 125

Finch

Lovely. I'd call that medium rare rather than rare. That's how I eat mine. Had one for lunch actually that was a good deal pinker than that.

Woodsmoke

Twenty-five pounds for steak and chips? Considering the shite masquerading as beef these days, I hope the 'chef' drove you home for that price too?

bfltd0

That is on the rare side of medium rare but I would send it back and get it bloody, saignant, or even bleu.

Tonight I had half a grilled lobster for £26. Chips were a fiver on top and I kid you not, there were 8 chunky chips in the dish. Nice restaurant though and we walked away with a £125 per head bill but it was a lovely birthday party for an old and dear friend, and sometimes you just have to go for it.

Stalker1962

A friend on holiday ordered a "rare" steak.

It was not "rare" enough for his liking.

The next night he again orders the "rare" steak - again not "rare" enough for his liking.

On the third night, he emphasised that he wanted it "rare".

When it arrived it was Blue (Bleu) and a decent vet could have revived it.

Turns out the third night, it was a different chef.

Tazz

First family dining out meal for quite a while.
Medium Steak Diana (Sic) for me.
I thought it under cooked, anyone agree?
£25 Inc chips but sans veg.
Ken.
A decent Vet would have that back on its feet with a bit of treatment

Woodsmoke

I used to like my steak very rare. These days I prefer it medium rare. What really bugs me though, is a chef that takes the time to cook the steak just how the customer would like it, then shoves it onto one of those stupid cast iron 'sizzler' deals. By the time it then gets to you, it's bootleather

Davee

My Dad's version of rare was "20 seconds each side over a candle flame, stick a fork in it, if it goes Moo give it another 5 seconds!!" He would have sent that back as overdone!

Sampo

Its very rare to find a steak thats of medium size. The picture reminds me of the time I accidently ordered 'steak tartare' in a French restaurant and asked the chef to make it well done as burgers weren't on the menu.