Meindl Dovre - where to buy

freid

Where do recommend to buy these boots from? Lower price is obviously a bonus, but I want to know that if I do have a problem in the future with them that the seller will help me out getting them replaced etc.

Alantoo

Where do recommend to buy these boots from? Lower price is obviously a bonus, but I want to know that if I do have a problem in the future with them that the seller will help me out getting them replaced etc.
I bought mine a couple of years ago from Bushwear. They were on special offer over the game fair weekend then...maybe again this year...I have not had a problem with the boots so cannot say what the customer service would be like.

If you have not had them before don't take any notice of the "broad fitting" description. They are the same fit as all my other toe-tector work boots. The next pair I will get at 11.5 rather than size 11 so I can wear liner + thick boot socks.

Alan

Malxwal

Buy local. You may save £20-£30 shopping on the net, but buy local and you can try them on, and if they leak etc in the future, you'll lose what you saved in postage.

splash

If you have a problem, the importers are great ! I had a boot that squeeked spoke to the importer. sent it back to be checked they sent me a new pair two days later ! A1

Trackerman

I wore Meindl's for a few years, yes they are good but +£200 good? Switched to Lowa Mountain Boots and they're everything you could want at a fraction of the cost. I'd give them a look.

ChesterP

Lowa or Altberg are better value and better made. I've had Meindls...I now use Altberg defenders (Bought for a quarter the price of the Meindls) and despite not having a goretex liner, remain waterproof even in heavy rain/long wet grass when properly cared for using Leider-Gris. They use quality Italian "waterproof" leathers. Also now use Altberg Tethera boots which are as comfy as slippers, very supportive and totally waterproof (Sympatex lined). Good British firm making excellent boots. Also use Lowas but dont find them as comfy. At the end of the day you have to try different boots on to ensure that the Last shape and width fitting suits your feet. Nowt as miserable as a day in badly fitting boots.