member since 18 / 4 / 15.

J.S.D.

hi all, been a member since 18. 4. 15. when will it be ok for me to buy, or sell ?
i have had 20 posts in total.. thankyou very much.. J.S.D.

Last edited:

Alantoo

It says in large friendly red letters...

You need at least 30 posts and been registered for 30 days to create ads in this section.

so I would guess you need to take part in the forum a bit more...

Alan

J.S.D.

hi, alantoo, and potshotpat, i tell the time and days from the old arcadian charts from days of yore..
my interest is optics, / air rifles, and natural history.. and a few other hobbies.. kind rgds.. Jmmy..

Alantoo

hi, alantoo, and potshotpat, i tell the time and days from the old arcadian charts from days of yore..
my interest is optics, / air rifles, and natural history.. and a few other hobbies.. kind rgds.. Jmmy..

Well there is another 10% worth of your outstanding quota! Fair play that you didn't reply to PotshotPat and I individually for another 10%!

Won't be long now!

Alan

Highlandsjohn

hi all, been a member since 18. 4. 15. when will it be ok for me to buy, or sell ?
i have had 20 posts in total.. thankyou very much.. J.S.D.

A good man from Bellshill:thumb: Not one of them who post jobbies in a race to get their post count to thirty in order to flog something :D Or the guys who post in classified, starting with," here is my .... for sale" :doh: when it's obvious they are buying and selling and avoiding the tenner trade fee which must be the deal of the century.john

J.S.D.

hi john, many thanx for that.. i am also a member of AIRGUNBBS. and have had first class deals on there..
kind rgds.. Jimmy..

John Gryphon

Ah,but you still need the 30 posts!

Even Her Madge had to have a minimum of 30 posts to put an ad in for some Corgi pups.

Alantoo

well we could talk about airguns.. a.t.b. frae mee J.S.D.

Would you like to add to your post tally and share your knowledge about airguns....I have an S410 extra FAC early model (2001-ish) with the bolt and no pressure adjustment screw. I was thinking of adding an regulator, so I asked Air Arms which one they recommended or whether they would fit it, and they advised against it (well they would wouldn't they?)

So what is the way forward? Should I accept that the first magazine shoots low by 12mm at 50 metres the next ten shots cock on and the last ten 12mm high.

If I fit a regulator which one do you think is best? I was looking at the ubiquitous Lane model but there is an interesting variant from the old Eastern block I seem to remember when I last researched it.

Alan

J.S.D.

hi alan, i used to have F.A.C. had a shandell 40+ ran it at 36 f lb. bisley mags 21. grns give or take..
the rifle was originally an air arms 100 series from days of yore. it was extensively revamped from sub
12 ft lbs to 40+ i bought it from a gent who had it made for him.. it was regulated and consistent..
will you be manufacturing the reg yourself ? if not there are engineers in england who would possibly
do it for you.. my friend on the airgunbbs, + others, have had regulators built for their rapids..
i have a ripley xl1 which has a reg on board, and is lovely to shoot, it`s 11.4 ft bls.. full length done
in hydrographics realtree hd many moons ago.. holds air forever.. as a matter of interest, what do you
run the muzzle energy at ? thankyou, Jimmy..

Freeforester

Alantoo, consider having a Huma Regulator (Dutch inventors) fitted by eg Paul Sewell at Custom Airguns nr Hartlepool, comes highly recommended, I have a FAC Titan Manitou/Falcon 8shot conversion being fitted with one of theirs by him, and I chose both my regulator and airgun-smith with some consideration...

James, I hope you are keeping well, and at the current rate of exchanges you should certainly be on the classified scoreboard very shortly now. ATVB, Freeforester :D