meopta meopro 4x12x50

k123 aberdeen

hi guys just seen a good deal at sportsman gun center on meopta 4x12x50 and started searching for some info about that scope ist a great price but ive found even better one at one of polish websites specially with exchange rates it will cost 270 quid aprox for a brand new scope how do you rate that scope specially at that price will be used on 223 for foxing and some roe deer. thanks

Heym SR20

Very good scopes. Not quite on a par with the best of Swarovski, s&b, Zeiss, but you are not paying well over £1,000 for the equivalent. I have a Swarovski 4-12x50 on my 243, Friend has the Meopta on his, and struggle to tell the difference. I really do like the Meopta reticle, with a fine centre, thick outer posts and range finder it the bottom right hand corner. The z3 4-12x50 at Sportsman is £1,075, you are looking at £270 for the Meopta - if you hid the badges and put them side by side I doubt many of us could tell the difference.

Last edited:

sauer

Very good scopes. Not quite on a par with the best of Swarovski, s&b, Zeiss, but you are not paying well over £1,000 for the equivalent. I have a Swarovski 4-12x50 on my 243, Friend has the Meopta on his, and struggle to tell the difference. I really do like the Meopta reticle, with a fine centre, thick outer posts and range finder it the bottom right hand corner. The z3 4-12x50 at Sportsman is £1,075, you are looking at £270 for the Meopta - if you hid the badges and put them side by side I doubt many of us could tell the difference.
Range finder in bottom of right ?

What model of meopta is that please ?

Paul

corky

Range finder in bottom of right ?

What model of meopta is that please ?

Paul
Most Meoptas are available with 4a or 4b reticules which have the bracketing rangefinder-so simple to use when you get the hang of it-I don't use a laser rangefinder for deer anymore as it takes seconds to use the one in the scope

Jim xyz

Hi K123,

Once you've got your sight ordered please would you be a gent and let us know where you found the deal as I'm very tempted at that price.

Cheers,

Jim

Wylyetom

Hi, i Know that i am new so be kind, i posted my first question yesterday about buying a Nikon monach 6-24x50 over a zeiss 3-12x50 mainly because sportsman have got the nikon reduced to only £320 at the moment, but i have now had a look at this meopta and am wondering whether this may be a better choice. It will be for my 17hmr for longer range rabbits?

timbeech

Hi, i Know that i am new so be kind, i posted my first question yesterday about buying a Nikon monach 6-24x50 over a zeiss 3-12x50 mainly because sportsman have got the nikon reduced to only £320 at the moment, but i have now had a look at this meopta and am wondering whether this may be a better choice. It will be for my 17hmr for longer range rabbits?
Buy the best glass you can, you an always move it onto another rifle or sell it as it will retain more value. Meopta's are excellent and 3-12 or 4-16 magnification will be more than enough for rabbits with a HMR, I ran a 3-9 on mine and let's face it a long range rabbit is really only 150yds with a 17HMR

Woodlander

Meopta make Meopro and Meostar. Meostar have the better glass of the two,if you can get a Meostar at a good price I would seriously think about that instead.

rooster

I bought a 4/12x50 meopro with the BDC ret a while ago after looking at it(through it) in the shop. I never mounted it because the burris Fullfield 11 I had was better, clearer and brighter at dusk when looked through side by side. took it back and bought a second hand Swaro 8x50 which was MUCH better than the Burris and Meopro. I do not know about the rest of the range but the Meopro is nowhere near Swaro, S&B etc