Midge bites what to put on after

DJC

Does anybody have a good remedy to put on bites driving me mad
Bloody little things

DJC

bazil

Sting& bite relief wipes from Poundland it's a f&@kne big pack aswell and the kids one is deet free bazil

Cadex

Anthisan, never heard of it but I shall be at the chemist for some tomorrow, i'm currently nursing upwards of 300 midge bites on my arms, neck and face. This is the worst I've felt them in recent years.

Last edited:

Hunting Solutions

Anthisan, never heard of it but I shall be at the chemist for some tomorrow, i'm currently nursing upwards of 300 midge bites on my arms, neck and face. This is the worst I've felt them in recent years.
Bloody hell mate! Makes my couple of dozen bites seem like a bit of a joke! :scared:

Cadex

And that's not an exaggeration, I actually counted them .. my top tip so as not to get bitten is a follows... Remember to lift your gralloching knife before going stalking so you don't need to spend the best part of 45 mins gralloching your beast in a cloud of midges with a sharpened .222 case.

RickoShay

Woah, that' some number of bites. I have used Germolene (has an antiseptic and anaesthetic in it that numbs the itch) in the past and an antihistamine tablet (like Clarityn or Zirtec) to manage the itching thereafter - worked for me.

Jimbo 30 06

Does anybody have a good remedy to put on bites driving me mad
Bloody little things

DJC
Hi Dave

Hayfever tablets from Morrisons or Tesco (only 99p and the same ingredients as the brand names you pay £8-99) and vitamin B tablets. I still have bites weeping from my trip in May but took the hayfever tabs and vit B and June hardly got bitten.

Kind regards Jim

diverdave

Tiger balm is excellent, it really works. You can get it on Ebay. i have used it during trips to India and it is the only thing that works for me, I draw midges for miles! An antihistamine will also help, as it is histamine that causes the irritation.

with 300 bites you must be in a bad way, i have a bad reaction to some bites, most are just annoying but some cause a really bad reaction with me. ended up in casualty once, my GP was concerned at the speed of the reaction and did not believe it was midge bites!