Missing person?

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

Monkey Spanker

What happened to 300wsm? He was the only person that said hello to me on the introductions and now he appears to be gone and I look like 'Billy-no-mates' again :cry: He seemed very knowledgeable with a lot to give the site looking at his older posts before they strangely disappeared. Surely he can't have been banned as I believe he was a 'Mod' wasn't he?? :confused: Anyone know where he has gone or if he is coming back??

wadashot

Your not Billy no mates Monkey spanker, so hello from me ;)

There are lots more people on here that are as, if not more knowledgable so ask away, you will get plenty of help. ;)

wadas

D

Davie

He s been removed and it looks like swampy has gone also but hey i have been removed from a few sites in my time and it hurts but not for long :lol: .Then there are the ones that come back in different guises there the sad ones.

Monkey Spanker

Deer in a wheelbarrow???!!!

Danny said:
300 was banned for posting a pic of a deer in a wheelbarrow :rolleyes:
A deer in a wheelbarrow? Christ that's worse than whistling on a Tuesday! :eek: Was it still alive or something?
I'm not sure if I'm missing the point here, but that doesn't seem like too much of a crime. Afterall, the thread on Gralloching has a picture of a pair of deer Tezzers dangling from a Tree!? :lol:
Surely a weeks ban is ample for such a crime? :confused:

Andy L

Don't know what happened with Swampy but I do know that there has been a fair few things about 300wsm which have rattled many a cage along the way. Mine included on a couple of occassions. I am afraid that it was very often his way or no way! Not sure which straw broke the camels back but it's spine was definitely under a lot of pressure!
Anyway, speculating about this sort of thing never ends up with the correct answers so why bother! Admin have a site to run which is not always easy and means that occasionally someone will trip in a furrow!

legaleagle69

It would need to a kin big furrow put him in Andy, and if Wadas was there he'd be filling it in with all those bags of spare tie wraps :lol:

cervushunter

Hi all,
Being new to this site this thread does surprise me how anybody has "been removed" for posting a picture of a deer in a wheelbarrow!!
I have used this means of extraction before to remove deer from high ground to lower levels.
I shall certainly be far more careful about posting any posts after this !!

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Gentlemen it appears we have a couple of TROLLS returned to the site. We will be keeping a close eye on them and they will be removed if they persist.

Its been a while since we went Troll hunting on the site ;)

shootingduckdog

TROLLS????

What the hell is a troll?

I am quite flabberghasted how political some of this stuff gets. Do a lot of you guys know/not like each other?

Forget that. I'm just happy talking and learning stalking.

Tee2

SDD

I think its more about some peoples over inflated ego's, some people trying to prove a point and the ease that misunderstandings occur when using the written word as a means of communication.

75% of human communication is non verbal i'e body language and vocal intonation.

Its not what you say. Its how you say it! :rolleyes:

Nix Niveus

It comes from the days when there were only newsgroups and people could multi-post anywhere without being members - like 30,000 groups at once. It refers to people 'trolling' i.e. fishing, the groups making posts that are designed to get other people to 'bite' and cause a rumpus. It was plain mischief or attention seeking, or deliberately trying to wind people up or abuse them for fun.

Flame wars would erupt and last for years because there were no moderators to put a stop to it. They were so pervasive that they would rage on after the orginal posters had long gone.

I recall one on uk.rec.fishing where some guy just turned up and started calling the posters murderers etc. it went on for months and spoiled the group for a while. It only stopped when a couple of the posters did some IT wizardry and found out who it was and it pretty quickly stopped.

These days trolling also can include posting and causing a fracas even if that was not the intention.

In a roundabout way trolls invented forums, moderators and off-topic sections.

A lot of the old newsgroups are now dead because of it.

shootingduckdog

cheers bud! I am trying not to be a dinosaur but a lot of the terminology was passing me by. To give you an idea I really thought people were very friendly with each other by butch northern standards, I thought lol was lots of love!!! :D :oops:

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...