Mississippi Delta

Welcome from Gloucestershire.

I spent a week at the Metal Museum in Memphis a couple of years ago...on the bluff on the river bend with a couple of miles view down river...difficult to tear myself away from watching the barges going up and down and get around to doing some work!

Alan
I can relate. I work for the US Dept. of Agriculture and for several years I was the supervisor over three counties all of which bordered the Mississippi River. Some days I would drive over and stand on the flood levees and watch for hours, at my favorite spot to visit the river is about 3.5 kilometers across (2 miles) it truly is one nature’s awesome spectacles.
Welcome from Gloucestershire.

I spent a week at the Metal Museum in Memphis a couple of years ago...on the bluff on the river bend with a couple of miles view down river...difficult to tear myself away from watching the barges going up and down and get around to doing some work!

Alan

Welcome.
nice bit of the country.
Hush puppies gritz BbQ gator hog And duck hunting make up for smaller bucks.
fond memories.
hope to learn from you
Those are some excellent benefits of the south, however depending on where you hunt there are some very nice bucks down here as well....

I ran across the website while searching for information on Zeiss and S&B scopes. I’ve been stalking deer, here in the US, for approximately 35 years now. I’ve only recently became interested in acquiring a couple of high end units to add to my collection, my children have recently decided to vacate my wallet which has allowed me a little financial freedom. I have several calibers I currently use, .243, 7mm 08, .270, .280, 7mm mag depending on where I hunt. I enjoyed what information I could access after finding the site so I decided to join.
Welcome from Wyoming, The delta is where I may retire in a few years .

Those are some excellent benefits of the south, however depending on where you hunt there are some very nice bucks down here as well....

That’s my son a few years ago... Mississippi buck.

Attachments

• 7E4B4BF1-B508-42A0-A90F-64A4D76EA9BF.jpeg
    7E4B4BF1-B508-42A0-A90F-64A4D76EA9BF.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 16
Welcome along Charles, the i10 was a well trodden road for me. I stayed in Moss Point for about a month when on a job down in the Gulf, went to a gun sale down in Biloxi at the Coast Coliseum which was an eye opener for a Brit...
I can only imagine the culture shock. The big gun shows and big gun sales really bring out some of the “best” locals around, it’s almost as bad as going to Walmart on a Saturday afternoon! 😆

How's the pig shooting down there Charles? They seem to be thick in most southern states but I don't often hear about Mississippi.

Scott
In some counties it can be a challenge, However, in the counties where the population is out of control, of which there are many in Mississippi, it is without a doubt the most fun you can have with your clothes on.... especially at night, with good IR equipment.

Back