MOA Challenge Sat 8th June

How far did folk get to in the respective classes
I long action/magnum I believe the furthest target engaged was 1257 yards, but further impact was 1184 yards. Wind was a bitch. I couldn't quite make the 1184. Dancing either side of it. Only one impact was made on that target by 3rd place with the 300win mag.

Short action I can't remember. Certainly Not as far!

Good to see the mighty 243 holding it's own. Is there a story there?
Dunno about the other chap that took 1st, but mine is a fast twist tikka launching 108 eld m at 2960fps. Not as efficient as the other modern 6mm but it's just a delight to shoot. Just can't go wrong! Saying that I'm 1300 rounds down the barrel now and weighing up my options for rebarrel!

I long action/magnum I believe the furthest target engaged was 1257 yards, but further impact was 1184 yards. Wind was a bitch. I couldn't quite make the 1184. Dancing either side of it. Only one impact was made on that target by 3rd place with the 300win mag.

Short action I can't remember. Certainly Not as far!

Brilliant effort

The wind is ā€œproblematicā€ on this range woth some interesting environmental from 900 mtrs (left side) as the distance increases

The 6mm perform best in the 2850-3100 Vo range depending on bullet used (from my perspective anyway )

Interesting to do the 284 win classed as short action - it always performs best in long action guise with longer seated bullets to allow maximum capacity powder space to be utilised

Looking forward to July and the next one

Brilliant effort

The wind is ā€œproblematicā€ on this range woth some interesting environmental from 900 mtrs (left side) as the distance increases

The 6mm perform best in the 2850-3100 Vo range depending on bullet used (from my perspective anyway )

Interesting to do the 284 win classed as short action - it always performs best in long action guise with longer seated bullets to allow maximum capacity powder space to be utilised

Looking forward to July and the next one
Yeah it's definately challenging! Yeah most misses were right of the target for most people which aligns with what you are saying!

I think the specified magnum bolt face for the long action class so that may be why.

Fingers crossed for good conditions and someone makes it to the mile!

The 1149m target was varying between a 2 & 3 mil hold right with my 184gr out of the 284 doing circa 2810fps. I doubt I'd have gotten that far in the actual competition even if I hadn't had the brain fart.
What was interesting was how the wind was kind of swirling round, up the valley and round the bowl.

Back