Mobile phone

morrisman

My trusty Samsung S7 is not up to my expectations any longer, replaced the battery some time ago, and thinking about getting a S9 plus. Any users, or other recommendations? I don't do games, or facebook type of thing, just want a phone that keeps going.
Cheers.

Woodsmoke

I've had a Galaxy S10 for the last couple of years, and it's been brilliant! My contract is due to end shortly, and I'm really struggling to find something to replace it so I reckon I'll go sim-only with it. It really is that good!

Woodsmoke

iPhone 12 Pro Max. Bought 2 last month & even my wife is now a convert
I tried switching from Android to Apple a couple of years ago when my S8 died and there was no Samsung alternative in the shop. On my wife's advice (she's an Apple freak, lol!) I settled for an iPhone 10, then had to go away on business for ten days. The day before the 14-day grace period ended I was back in the O2 shop begging for an alternative. Being so used to Android I absolutely detested the iPhone operating system. I found it clunky, counter-intuitive, illogical, and I hated that you were forced into having to use all the dedicated Apple apps. Never again!

Alantoo

My 97 year old mum was rushed into hospital with heat stroke / TIA yesterday...she has managed to call my sister 3 times since using her iPhone 12 with her shakey arthritic fingers...

Simple and clear enough for her to learn to use at 97 and has a brilliant camera and all the bells and whistles of a SatNav and supercomputer if you want them.

Alan

Alantoo

I tried switching from Android to Apple a couple of years ago when my S8 died and there was no Samsung alternative in the shop. On my wife's advice (she's an Apple freak, lol!) I settled for an iPhone 10, then had to go away on business for ten days. The day before the 14-day grace period ended I was back in the O2 shop begging for an alternative. Being so used to Android I absolutely detested the iPhone operating system. I found it clunky, counter-intuitive, illogical, and I hated that you were forced into having to use all the dedicated Apple apps. Never again!
True, having to unlearn something is much harder than coming to it fresh...dread to think if I had to switch to Windows and Android after 30 years with Apple.

Alan

Alantoo

Did Apple not admit to slowing older I phones down to force the purchase of a new one? Mine did so I bought an A7 SAMSUNG.
Apple did admit to slowing the phones down, but claimed it was in order to prevent older hardware crashing when the lithium batteries aged.

Samsung were also fined for the same thing but did not admit it.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't...

Alan

BryanDC

If you want an android and you are not bothered about having a flash expensive phone then get a Moto G. Almost pure android with little of the bloatware that you get on Samsungs. Reliable, relatively tough and won't break the bank.

Won't buy anything from Apple as I am still ****ed off with them forcing customers to buy music only from them to play on ipods many years ago and their refusal to use a simple USB charging port for their products.

Morkai

I opted to keep my s9+ and go to sim only.
The only issue with Samsung is that if its got an AMOLED screen like the s9 etc then you will get screen burn after a year or so, its not always noticable though.