moderator cover

CDSG Shooting Sports

Fursty Ferret

I have a sonic moderator for the 6.5 and I want a neoprene cover for it.
All I see online have 2" diameter but just measured mine and its only 1 3/4" (no silly jokes please!)
Anyone else had this problem? Are they stretch fit so will fit so made to fit smaller mods anyway? Or are there smaller sizes out there if I keep looking?

Dalua

The neoprene thing I use as a cover on my Northstars is part of something designed as a cover for the barrels of a double 12-bore.

adrian0100

I went to a place called johns army surplus and bought so camo self adhesive tape you can take it of and on with no problams and ofcourse reuse it will fit on anything you can think of as you cut to size once you have wrapped the item you want

bobjs

please remember to remove it from time to time as water/moisture gets underneath it and can lead to surface deterioration on the mod/(rust in other word)

bob.

splash

Bycycle inner tube !

+1 But as Bobjs says it needs to come off when ever you are not useing the mod. I personly think the covers are a waste of cash, and to much faff.
But each to their own.

Glendine

please remember to remove it from time to time as water/moisture gets underneath it and can lead to surface deterioration on the mod/(rust in other word)

bob.

Well said Bob. I used a neoprene double barrel cover cut it to size and stitched it by hand for a tight fit. It works well and stops the bing! noise that may occur if the suppressor is hit of trees etc.

Regards,
Glendine.

Glendine

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

I use a Garlands double barrel neoprene cover on both my Atec's.
As they are 7" long you get two out of one cover no problem, are easy to fit & remove.

SAM_0783.JPG

Rgds, Buck.

PS. you bet me to it Eric. ;)

Eric the Red

I use a Garlands double barrel neoprene cover on both my Atec's.
As they are 7" long you get two out of one cover no problem, are easy to fit & remove.

View attachment 31208

Rgds, Buck.

PS. you bet me to it Eric. ;)

But you beat me with the picture! One tip I would give is to put a bit of tape inside at either end. These expand when they get hot and can slide (off!) under recoil and the tape holds it in place.

night stalker

Originally Posted by TonyC
Bycycle inner tube !

+1 But as Bobjs says it needs to come off when ever you are not useing the mod. I personly think the covers are a waste of cash, and to much faff.
But each to their own.

+2 I put talcum powder in it to aid sliding on then peel back to half way and clean all the talc off with break cleaner and roll back in to place then do the same from the other end. The break cleaner makes the rubber inner tube tacky and aids it in staying put.

​Rick

paul o'

dull camo tape all mine inc the new hardy g4 i just got , as i don't like socks the water sits under them .i finnish each end off with a tight wrap of 1" elec'y tape,and when you come to sell it its as good as new if it is't shotout !

Leica Amplus 6