Moderator for Steyr Aug

wanderer

All of you out there with Steyr AUGs .
What moderators have you got on?
Whats the Pro's and Cons of end mounted verses over-barrel types on such a short and handy rifle.
I am toying with the idea of fitting one for "field" use but not sure which way to go.

Cheers :)

kennyc

personally I would stick with muzzle mounted rather than overbarrel, too many rifles around with witness marks from overbarrel mods, and the AUG is more than handy enough to cope with a short ASE UTRA or similar

wanderer

I have a CQB moderator on another 223 I have. It would be nice to be able to share this with the AUG but it is threaded quite large (17/18mm or whatever) and the AUG is I believe 1/2 x 20 unf.
Is it possible to get a different thread insert for the CQB moderator (ASE Ultra CQB) ?

wanderer

Any idea how much it would cost to get a 1/2 x 20 unf to a larger thread adapter to screw on the barrels 1/2" thread. i.e. a female inside thread with the larger outside thread and with possibly a shoulder on this adapter ?
Any issues to watch out for?

Cheers

kennyc

I have a CQB moderator on another 223 I have. It would be nice to be able to share this with the AUG but it is threaded quite large (17/18mm or whatever) and the AUG is I believe 1/2 x 20 unf.
Is it possible to get a different thread insert for the CQB moderator (ASE Ultra CQB) ?
contact ASE I seem to remember that they do conversion bush's (but could be thinking about something else)