Moderator help needed

Tash

Looking advice, putting together my first 243 set-up, have chosen a Webley Scott empire 243 with synthetic stock, 22"barrel, 1/2"thread, don't know much about moderators, looking something light and not too bulky, won't be using on any other rifle, low throughput per year, lamping and occasional deer only. Scotland so rains alot so ideally not to susceptible to rust issues... Oh and on a budget tho would prefer to buy once right so can stretch if needed to get something that will last. Had been looking at aimsport aimzonic but not sure which models compatible...

ashray

wildcat evolution,alloy with stainless baffle no rust problems .light weight ,strippable and very effective ans about £220 .get one you wont be sorry,

tarponhead

Aimsonic - you just missed one for sale on here. Lightweight and good noise/recoil reduction, plus you can swap it to other rifles by buying additional adapters, so one mod fits all, depending on calibres.

Edinburgh Rifles

Looking advice, putting together my first 243 set-up, have chosen a Webley Scott empire 243 with synthetic stock, 22"barrel, 1/2"thread, don't know much about moderators, looking something light and not too bulky, won't be using on any other rifle, low throughput per year, lamping and occasional deer only. Scotland so rains alot so ideally not to susceptible to rust issues... Oh and on a budget tho would prefer to buy once right so can stretch if needed to get something that will last. Had been looking at aimsport aimzonic but not sure which models compatible...

Don't waste your budget buying new then.
We have a dozen or so 1/2" UNF, used mods that will suit most needs and all under £150
including aimzonic

very few mods are light, efficient, resilient to flame erosion and corrosion.....and none tick all the boxes within budget prices

JockStalk

No need to buy new, but if you must I'd give the stalon a thumbs up, ATEC Maxim (if you can find one - probably second hand if you do).
Most RFD's will have mod's traded in due to thread incompatability with a changed rifle, hardly used and a good price.

Gd87

DPT moderator personally.
Contact Steve Beaty at Ivythorn sporting. You won’t go wrong at all

DRN

I have been very impressed with my DPT end of barrel mod on a .243. Very light and very quiet. 2 days ago 3 of us were shooting separate woods and a friend got a roe with his 6.5 x55. He also uses a DPT and it was so quiet I barely heard the shot ( I wasnt very far from him). They are very effective I would have another if i ever purchase a new one.

big ears

Have a 30 cal DPT with extra baffel. Works on my 30-06 and is brilliant on my 6.5x55. It’s light rust proof and works. If it fire cuts just buy another baffle.

Whitester

I have the wildcat p8 on my 243 . It does a good job of cutting out the bandg and is relatively light. It the wildcat evolution is lighter by half . Not sure how they compare to each other performance wise though.