• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • See how to change the advert prefix to Sold:.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: Mole traps

stalker.308

They're cheap enough in the bay. I picked up five scissor ones for very little money.
sorry for hijacking, but I have never had the success with scissor traps as I have had with tunnel traps, they never seem to sit so well in the hole, and like the molemen say - moles like it clean, tight and tidy

VSS

sorry for hijacking, but I have never had the success with scissor traps as I have had with tunnel traps, they never seem to sit so well in the hole, and like the molemen say - moles like it clean, tight and tidy
Funny you should say that, as I catch them pretty well with the scissor traps, but very rarely in the tunnel traps, and I'm using about 50:50 of each.
There are a few modifications you can make to the scissor traps to make them more effective ;)

stalker.308

Funny you should say that, as I catch them pretty well with the scissor traps, but very rarely in the tunnel traps, and I'm using about 50:50 of each.
There are a few modifications you can make to the scissor traps to make them more effective ;)
I think this warrants a new thread, tips and tricks of mole catching. I really have no luck with scissor traps, had up to 50/50 out earlier in the tear and almost every tunnel a mole, but none in scissors.

this year I did the holy grail of mole catching.....two occasions with a brace in a tunnel trap- something you just can’t do with scissor traps

shakey jake

ive tried them all barr putang, i treat them all the same, find the run trap in and back fill with loose soil, i think the run is more important than the trap type. my mate uses putang and catchs well only down side is you need a pair of circlip pliers to set and wire to secure the trigger but he catches plenty

20-250

I only use the Putanges now. Have a look at 'Putanges the movie ' on YouTube before you buy anything else would be my advice. Big difference with them is you're setting the traps in an undisturbed section of the tunnel, not a section you've dug up and disturbed.

Freeforester

I only use the Putanges now. Have a look at 'Putanges the movie ' on YouTube before you buy anything else would be my advice. Big difference with them is you're setting the traps in an undisturbed section of the tunnel, not a section you've dug up and disturbed.
This^^^^

Freeforester

I think this warrants a new thread, tips and tricks of mole catching. I really have no luck with scissor traps, had up to 50/50 out earlier in the tear and almost every tunnel a mole, but none in scissors.

this year I did the holy grail of mole catching.....two occasions with a brace in a tunnel trap- something you just can’t do with scissor traps
First ever try with my then shiney new putanges a couple year back:
IMG_1933.JPG

mr. NRB

Hi. I would highly recommend using original talpex mole traps. Better than barrel or scissors. Yes they cost more but are better to set and catch more.