Monica Galetti

finnbear270

Chef just on tv, along with quite a few experiences such as special milk herds and lots of cheese making, fungi foraging etc in rural french areas, She was included in a french hunting dog training exercise, the Boar is released into a quite large fenced acreage, the dogs are released and needless to say the Boar is eventually tired & brought down, then dispatched by knife ....... to say she was affected would be an understatement, I saw her recover quite well & go on to prepare & cook the Liver from the still "Warm" animal, Just illustrates to me how people, tv Chefs included are disconnected from meat and how the main food chain is sourced, I wondered how she would have recovered having visited a commercial slaughterhouse ? . For me, I would have preferred her to visit a proper driven hunt where most, if not all Boar succumb to the rifle.

7brought down

boltgun

each to their own, and that was my knee jerk reaction but in context I think I get it. of no matter though thought the whole thing was brilliant, and both the makers and Monica galatti, pulled no punches true to life kinda love it or hate it. never in the past liked or knew much about her, but now see her in a new light a women of many talents. more Monica please for me.

LeftHandGuy

It was part of a BBC series featuring some of their better known celeb chefs, different one per episode.

Over here it was on Netflix.

I seem to remember that in the same episode she also went out out with a couple of guys hunting roe, some of which was cooked having been hypodermically injected with cognac…

boltgun

really enjoyed it, must give the roe liver trick ago, 10 cc should either be good or totally ruin a good liver will give it a whirl someday.

boltgun

mmmm, Bill Clinton had good taste, liked his liver young and raw, so I was told. don't know if he caught anything though.

bfltd0

Assuming she doesn't cook in a vegetarian restaurant, she must have handled and prepared so much raw meat that it was a little surprising that she was so affected by the death of the boar.

Having said that, she recovered sufficiently to co-make a seemingly enjoyable meal of the liver.

Just had a look at her restaurant's website. Not too far from me but the prices make it something for a very special occasion.

Scottish lobster starter £25, venison main £35, cheese plate £15 = £75. Cheapest bottle of wine £39. "Discretionary" service charge of 12.5%. So a touch over £100 a head.

Makes the 3 course set lunch menu at £35 a head (so just over £60 a head with wine and service charge) a bargain by comparison.

hoodwink

I think, she probably was affected by the capture of the Boar and as she described the chase the adrenaline etc then despatch all added to that.
i think most people would be affected, but what she did say, was she was unsure whether she would do it again, that to me represents an open mind, she didnt overplay it considering it was BBC. I enjoyed the whole episode, I’m a wood worker who likes cheese forages and hunts, this program was made for me and the likes of me.