moon jupiter

bruce w

the hail and rain have just stopped and the sky has cleared to show a bright moon with jupiter just to the east and a little above and very clear ,i put the glasses on it and the moons around the planet were easy to make out ,tomorrow night jupiter will show towards the south of the moon .

Hi Bruce.
Must be nice to live somewhere with no light pollution. One of the things I enjoy when we go to our lease in the Borders is a bit of Star Gazing. An amazing sight when there is total darkness. A bit like Widdop Moor :D.
Can you see the Northern Lights at all in Shetland.

Yorkie.

Hi Bruce.
Must be nice to live somewhere with no light pollution. One of the things I enjoy when we go to our lease in the Borders is a bit of Star Gazing. An amazing sight when there is total darkness. A bit like Widdop Moor :D.
Can you see the Northern Lights at all in Shetland.

Yorkie.
Widdop moor , now thats a blast from the past ,41 years since i cut turfs to put on the butt tops Lord Saville owned the estate ,great uncomplicated way of life but no money, i might look into coming down for a day or so beating ,or at my age flanking just for nostalgia ,yes the northern lights often make a show covering the entire sky at times and lasting most of the night

Last edited:
Hi Bruce.
My Mrs did occasional work in the Kitchen for his Lordship at Walshaw Lodge when she was doing her Chef Apprenticeship. This would be back in 1979-81 time.

Yorkie.

Back