More Blades made

Peter Eaton

I got a couple of blades I made back from my sheath maker yesterday so thought I would share.

Both are Elmax , hand satin fished blades
wth Toxic Green G10 handles.

Enjoyed making these two.

Attachments

Last edited:

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
I keep going back to it... you've got the blade just right for me, not too deep which I really rate, and the black and green handles are perfect... and the 'tripe knife' is a bonus. :cool:

Peter Eaton

I keep going back to it... you've got the blade just right for me, not too deep which I really rate, and the black and green handles are perfect... and the 'tripe knife' is a bonus. :cool:
That knife is the Secare L and comes in a shorter version the Secare. The smaller version also comes in thinner steel and so I can grind it so it will flex under pressure.
There is also a deeper version of the Secare which is calleed the Fortis, not many MM deeper but it makes difference.

Peter Eaton

@Peter Eaton stunning looking knives. How much would a pair like that set you back?
Thanks for the kind words.

That pair were £555 but should have been more as I haven't worked out a detailed price for the Curva knife yet.

Takes me a while to do a blade as the final stages are completely hand sanded which is a slow process especially with Elmax but doing there is a consistent pattern in the satin finish.

I normally source all my own handle materials especially wood which I dry and stabilise myself in vacuum chambers. The sheaths are made by Gaz Kendall of Stealth Hippy Bushcraft as his work is stunning, well he does work for Bentley cars so a mark of his quality.

awmc

I got a couple of blades I made back from my sheath maker yesterday so thought I would share.

Both are Elmax , hand satin fished blades
wth Toxic Green G10 handles.

Enjoyed making these two.
There’s me thinking I had the only one ..
Best knife I’ve owned
5DCA00B5-FE48-4EE2-B5FC-5FB80A6707BD.jpeg