More knives completed

Peter Eaton

Been working to get more knives finished, one has already sold, the Fortis with the Orange handle all the others need sheathing then will most likely be going on sale.
Three knives are Elmax HRC60, full flat grinds off the back of the spine, with a Scotchbrite finish on the grinds and a the flats hand sanded to 600 grit satin. Note the tapered tang on the orange knife.

Attachments

• Fortis 2.jpg
    Fortis 2.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Fortis 3.jpg
    Fortis 3.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Fortis 4.jpg
    Fortis 4.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Fortis 5.jpg
    Fortis 5.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Fortis L.jpg
    Fortis L.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

Peter Eaton

Another Fortis with fully stabilised field Maple which I felled several years ago. This knife also has a tapered tang which makes the knife lighter and balanced.

Attachments

• Fortis 1.jpg
    Fortis 1.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Fortis 6.jpg
    Fortis 6.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Fortis 8.jpg
    Fortis 8.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Fortis 9.jpg
    Fortis 9.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Peter Eaton

This knife is a Secare made from Marcus Balbach of Germany stainless Damascus steel, an expensive steel to say the least.

The steel pattern is' small roses'. The pattern only appears in the steel after it has been hand sanded after grinding and then left in Hydrochloric acid for several hours. The blade was then hand sanded again and a 17.5 degree micro bevel added to the full flat.
The scales are fully stabilised burl which has then been cast in resin with a blue tint and cast in a pressure pot, I do all this work myself, its labour intensive but that way I know the history of the wood.

If you look closely you can see a total fluke which appeared in the manufacture of the steel billet...there is a the shape of a deer head in the steel.

Attachments

• Secare 2.jpg
    Secare 2.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Secare 3.jpg
    Secare 3.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Secare 4.jpg
    Secare 4.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Secare.jpg
    Secare.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Peter Eaton

This is a Secare and Curva set, once again in Elmax but with black g10 scales with a red liner added. This set is a commission and wont be for sale, the set still needs a sheath making.

Attachments

• Pair 1.jpg
    Pair 1.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Pair 2.jpg
    Pair 2.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Pair 3.jpg
    Pair 3.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Pair 4.jpg
    Pair 4.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 73

Triggermortis

This knife is a Secare made from Marcus Balbach of Germany stainless Damascus steel, an expensive steel to say the least.

The steel pattern is' small roses'. The pattern only appears in the steel after it has been hand sanded after grinding and then left in Hydrochloric acid for several hours. The blade was then hand sanded again and a 17.5 degree micro bevel added to the full flat.
The scales are fully stabilised burl which has then been cast in resin with a blue tint and cast in a pressure pot, I do all this work myself, its labour intensive but that way I know the history of the wood.

If you look closely you can see a total fluke which appeared in the manufacture of the steel billet...there is a the shape of a deer head in the steel.
Hi Peter,
Is this knife for sale, if it is could you PM me price delivered please.
Many thanks
Triggermortis

Fox Red

Hi Peter. Very nice. Could you provide me with a price. I'm considering a handmade knife this year. These look very good.

Dorset Deer

Love this. Is it for sale?

Sako6.5x55

Beautiful! How come we all see these as things to be cherished and admired and others outside of our fraternity see them as dangerous and lethal. For me I see the beauty in the craftsmanship and the materials, and I see a knife as something to be respected, and I suppose for others they see what’s in the own hearts and minds..
Keep sharing Peter.

Peter Eaton

Beautiful! How come we all see these as things to be cherished and admired and others outside of our fraternity see them as dangerous and lethal. For me I see the beauty in the craftsmanship and the materials, and I see a knife as something to be respected, and I suppose for others they see what’s in the own hearts and minds..
Keep sharing Peter.
Thanks Sako

Peter Eaton

I forgot to say the Burl is False Acacia from a tree here in Dorset, a section of which I dried outside for sometime then cooked in a PID controlled oven for 24 hrs min in order to remove all moisture before it was cut ready for the stabilising / casting process.

bluesako

Keep sharing Peter.
because your normal bs