More righteous indignation!

andyk

Never go on the Guardian, it’s not good for your blood pressure! This time though it is on topic

A 5 mile exclusion zone? That would be a de facto ban on all ranges.

Based on my own experience I would say you can’t hear much beyond a mile and after 300-400m it’s nothing more than a distant pop.

Strangely enough, I agree with Annie Lennox at the end when she says “What a strange situation here: a peaceful retreat centre being threatened by the interests of a gun club. It sort of sums up the irony of the times we live in.” Precisely, the time we live in where if you don’t like something, it’s your right to have it banned, and even more so if you’re a ‘celeb’.

Sampo

Yet they have no complaints having one (Buddhist temple Fo Guang Shan) in the middle of Amsterdam. Could the answer be ear defenders or noise cancelling headphones?

amster.JPG

The Singing Stalker

If you check out fieldsports Britain, they did 2 stories on it. They also measured the noise levels over a time period with the range firing off every 2 minutes or so and there was no noise at the so called monastery except for the passing traffic..

andyk

Terrible! but thanks, I'll have a watch.

If you check out fieldsports Britain, they did 2 stories on it. They also measured the noise levels over a time period with the range firing off every 2 minutes or so and there was no noise at the so called monastery except for the passing traffic..
Much as I'd expect based on my experience of being in the countryside around where I shoot (Minsterley). You have to be quite close before its actually disturbing and at more than a mile you'd need to try to hear it, if you even could.

Typical journos though, 'like a thunderclap' and the 50 cal 'high velocity'. They know nowt about the subject but just have to have a go!