Mossberg .308

Big Mat

Hi all,

Been browsing online whilst I wait for my license to come back.

Spotted a Mossberg. 308 for sale, not alot of money.

Any opinions on them? It's not one I've come across before.

Thanks
Mat

alberta boy

Sorry brother , that's one I haven't owned . I have shot one that belongs to a younger friend of mine in 30/06 . It is largely a Savage 110 clone , nothing wrong with that , and is a basic utilitarian rifle . Trevor , my friend , can usually keep three shots inside of 1 1/2 inches with factory ammo at 100 yards . That's not bad for an untuned rifle in the hands of a relatively inexperienced shooter . They are designed as an entry level firearm , but they seem to be a fairly solid rig . Trevors had his for a few years and it's been consistent and trouble free so far . Not much to go on , but hopefully helpful .

AB

Big Mat

Thanks gents.

Rifle is quite a way from mine so not really able to view it so I think I'll keep an eye out for something better

cervus

Ihave an MPV in .223,bloomin, accurate! Magazine AR15 type a bit sloppy but feeds fine..is available in .308,I ,m happy with it for muntjac and foxes..does the job .

alberta boy

Ihave an MPV in .223,bloomin, accurate! Magazine AR15 type a bit sloppy but feeds fine..is available in .308,I ,m happy with it for muntjac and foxes..does the job .

I've seen a few of these in action over the last couple of years . They are quite accurate . The little flap at the bottom of the bolt face is different , but it works , unless I'm thinking of a different model ?

AB