Motorcycles

Running an XT600 and 955 Triumph Sprint ST just now. There are two other projects that I used to run but need major work to put back on the road -a 58 Trifield 500 and a Yam xs650 hardtail chop. Managed to get myself a mention in the Feb edition of Bike Magazine this month as I did a 3 day off-road trip in the Iceland highlands. 15 mins of Fame lol

Running an XT600 and 955 Triumph Sprint ST just now. There are two other projects that I used to run but need major work to put back on the road -a 58 Trifield 500 and a Yam xs650 hardtail chop. Managed to get myself a mention in the Feb edition of Bike Magazine this month as I did a 3 day off-road trip in the Iceland highlands. 15 mins of Fame lol

Nice bike the xt, big thumper. Pity yamaha never did a cafe racer version, low suspension, clip on bars and rear sets. I would love to see your trifield too.

Nice bike the xt, big thumper. Pity yamaha never did a cafe racer version, low suspension, clip on bars and rear sets. I would love to see your trifield too.
The trifield is a 5TA 500 engine that I slotted into 250 Crusader frame and 'trailified' it. Recon I was 35 years ahead of my time when I look at some of the mainstream stuff out there lol. Size of a modern 125 that went like the clappers. Great fun. Sold to a mate when I was trying to set up a bike shop on the Isle of Lewis and he immigrated with is to NZ, brought it back years later and then blew it up in Glencoe -hence the project status :)

1977 CZ 125, Yam RD400. Big gap as kids grew up. 1989 Moto Guzzi Targa 750, Kawasaki 900 + Honda XB500,
Pan European +Yam Serrow, VFR750 (did 20k. miles on that. Best everyday bike ever) +Yam XT350, KTM 640 Duke.
Suzuki Burgman 400. Gave up before I killed myself.

Great bike!!! I had the 350 Powervalve. Thing was wheelie machine, but nowhere near as bad as the 500 Gamma I briefly owned. That thing was just terrifying
Yeah, you developed arm muscles just to hang on to that screamer. First bike to have cast alloy wheels I think.

I love bikes as much as i do guns, but they are dangerous bloody things. Its often idiots in cars not being aware of anything around them, being on phones, women putting on make up, etc, that cause accidents.

I love bikes as much as i do guns, but they are dangerous bloody things. Its often idiots in cars not being aware of anything around them, being on phones, women putting on make up, etc, that cause accidents.

I couldn't go back to a bike now. They've changed so much from when I was riding that it's probably a completely different skill now

I couldn't go back to a bike now. They've changed so much from when I was riding that it's probably a completely different skill now
I think the biggest thing you would notice is tires that aren't made of greaseproof paper and that you can ride in the rain at speed without puckering up too much :) Otherwise just a bit better all round. Plenty of 15 -20 year old bikes out there still worth having.

The last and fastest bike I ever owned, fully tuned and recorded 182mph on the gps with me and the missus on riding down to Brands early one Sunday morning, fond memories.

I bought myself this for a 69th birthday prezzie. Fairly steady, easy to ride, pleasant handling. Top end is a mere 110mph but it will go fast enough to kill me and nobody can go faster than that. Get's me past the fug boxes easily. Economical too. Makes for a nice run to Skeggy and back.

IMG_20180905_114633.jpg

Sold my Kawasaki ZX12R for the Africa Twin. . .love the AT but still hanker after the raw power of the inline four.

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 10
  • _20170722_150743.JPG
    _20170722_150743.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 10

Its the complete opposite, i went from an old triumph to a newish suzuki gsxr 600, and it was night and day. The clutch, throttle etc were very light, the brakes would stop you on a penny piece, it did not need a service every month, no comparison, much as i do love my old iron.

Back