Muntjac buck - unusual antlers

Leica Amplus 6

Erik Hamburger

I got a nice little video of a Muntjac buck in velvet with what I think are quite unusual antlers. I am not into trophies myself but would be interested in any comments. Do I see this correct: Is this a six-pointer Muntjac buck ? ;)

It is the clearest in the first few seconds of the video. Trail Cam video

Last edited:

longhorn

Out of interest what was he feeding on in front of the stealth cam. As redlab stated would love to see clean or in day light on your cam good luck

basil

Distinguished Member
I`ve not seen that many Munties and trophies were never my thing but i wouldn`t mind it on my wall.
Hopefully we`ll see some more of him.

deerstalker.308

He's a corcker, no doubt about that, although volume wise they always look much bigger in velvet, he certainly is bigger than the norm and has multiple points too. He's in good shape as well, looks to be a cracking body weight on him, I hope you catch up with him out of velvet either on the camera or in person...........looking forward to the update!

Erik Hamburger

Out of interest what was he feeding on in front of the stealth cam. As redlab stated would love to see clean or in day light on your cam good luck

He was feeding on an area of short (grazed short) grass under heavy tree cover - it was very obvious that patch was used by deer hence my camera placement.