Muntjac Preston Southport area

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

Ronin

Distinguished Member
Anyone have any confirmed sightings of Munjac in the Croston / Bretherton area of Lancs?

I was passing through the area towards Burscough the other day and could have sworn I saw a glimpse of one..

​Any stalkers in this area use the site?

pezz69

I live not far from there, Southport and I have never heard of them in Burscough. Definitely not round here and I have lived here all my life amd certainly never seen any in Southport.

Nathan

sinbad

Nearest Ive seen is a dead one on the M53/56 junction nr chester a couple of years ago. as this was very early AM I pulled in and went back to confirm what I had seen.
not seen any further north though.
sinbad

weeman

Definitely in Preston and looking forward to seeing them in Cumbria and north lanc's.

Ronin

Distinguished Member
Thanks guys, I wasnt sure, double take whilst driving if you can imagine - too small to be roe and wrong shape....thought my eyes were fooling me!

Wingy

Brother said he saw one on the edge of a field along side the M61 just north of Bolton. I saw it but just got a quick look as I was driving and other than saying there was something there I could not confirm Munty

finnbear270

Nearest Ive seen is a dead one on the M53/56 junction nr chester a couple of years ago. as this was very early AM I pulled in and went back to confirm what I had seen.
not seen any further north though.
sinbad
And I just logged on to see if the word I had from a workmate yesterday, had any truth to it,....He tells me the M53 was shut for a short period yesterday,..... due to a deer collision,

Just done a bit of web crawling, looks like we have a Reindeer farm/ hire, outfit right on that same area, could be an escaped animal.

Last edited:

MAIDX75

I live in croston and had same experience ,had to take a 2nd look but sure it was a Munty. Plenty of Fallow too.

Night Vision Store