munty arrives

Taff

After several yrs of muntys getting closer to the estate, and a spurious sightings, they have finally arrived, with my son getting one last evening:mad:, still in velvet, so this will make 5 species taken off the estate now.

R8 user

Not sure which part of Hants you are in but guessing between Ringwood and Soton area but I have seen numerous Muntjac the other side of the A31, mostly around Hamptworth area and down far as Cranbounre.

Taff

Not sure which part of Hants you are in but guessing between Ringwood and Soton area but I have seen numerous Muntjac the other side of the A31, mostly around Hamptworth area and down far as Cranbounre.
there are plenty on hampworth, but the a31 kept them that side, we have had sightings around the village for a while now.

Naseby

there are plenty on hampworth, but the a31 kept them that side, we have had sightings around the village for a while now.
A little further north I have seen them east of the A31 (just), and almost as far as the A325 but not east it (yet)

270Buck

After several yrs of muntys getting closer to the estate, and a spurious sightings, they have finally arrived, with my son getting one last evening:mad:, still in velvet, so this will make 5 species taken off the estate now.
out of interest, what are the other 4 species?

One would assume

red
roe
fallow
Sika

ndt man

hi taff I too shot my very first munty last week a doe just outside romsey its been the first I have had in my sights I did see one about 2 years ago but I did not shot it at the time. very little sign of slots on the ground so im not sure if it was moving through or it had moved in ? strange things only seam to like some areas only a few miles down the road loads on some ground and none on ground next door.

Lloyd90

How long before they get to South Wales ?? ... If you see any thumbing a lift tell em I'll come pick em up if needed :rofl:

nun_hunter

I was thinking earlier if it was possible to do a deer distribution map like the BDS one but from members of the SD so would be pretty accurate as would be done by stalkers?

ndt man

muntjac

Hi
I have permissions in fareham, wickham, ropley,arlesford and finchdean but no munters

atb Lee
strange deer seem to be very fickel on the area they like I saw the first muntjac I ever saw in brown candover just outside arlesford and that was best part of 20 years ago. some of the ground around that area woodmancott east stratton and up to new arlesford have lots and some ground has none at this rate it may be another 20 years before you see them on your ground.

How long before they get to South Wales ?? ... If you see any thumbing a lift tell em I'll come pick em up if needed :rofl:
I've heard they are in the Caerwent area.
Have heard reports from reliable sources about Caerwent for several years, there's also some in Camarthen (confirmed) and another spot along the M4 corridor. All seem to be isolated populations

Ade

LEE243

ntd man
Totally agree the alresford perm is the golf coarse lamped it loads for the foxes seen plenty of roe but no muntys
The ropley shoot is just up the road quite a big farm just seen roe, when i got this permission i found a rta muntjac buck just up the road so there hope.
My uncle was a keeper at swallowfield for about 20 years lots of roe the odd fallow but no muntjac apparently its running alive with muntjac now
So fingers crossed.
Atb Lee