Mushroom's

weeman

Hi anybody on here no of any mushroom experts around the Lancashire and Cumbria region that would be willing to help me improve my little knowledge that I have on the above mentioned.
I only ask as there is an amazing amount of them and different kinds where I live.
I've read a few books but I really need to walk out with a professional to put theory into practice.

Cheers Weeman

howy308

The only ones that I used to be able to have a reasonable amount of knowledge on were the magic ones that was some years ago. It is amazing the different tastes that the different ones give. But you must put your trust in the person showing you as the poisonous ones are really toxic.

limulus

Do you have a copy of Roger Phillips' book weeman?
By far the best book for mushroom 'hunting' (hmmmm, msc1 p'raps?)
Lots of Ceps about at the moment...delish

in edit..forgot to add you can borrow mine if you wish

smullery

Hi anybody on here no of any mushroom experts around the Lancashire and Cumbria region that would be willing to help me improve my little knowledge that I have on the above mentioned.
I only ask as there is an amazing amount of them and different kinds where I live.
I've read a few books but I really need to walk out with a professional to put theory into practice.

Cheers Weeman

Weeman,

Thought just the same as you. I find my local FC are running a walk next Saturday for £5. A good use of two hours :)

Check your local FC on the Web.

​Stan

NickyA

My wife is Czech and "shrooming" is the family outing on a Sunday! Their is an App you can buy for an iPhone or Android that will help you identify and tells you what they taste like, otherwise borrow my father in law! The problem is that with the influx of Eastern Europeans the buggers get there early and pick the best ones!

Taff

this time of year we get about 8 people a day picking the liberty caps in our fields, recon it makes a good tea. Last year one of them was on all fours barking like a dog.

Malxwal

this time of year we get about 8 people a day picking the liberty caps in our fields, recon it makes a good tea. Last year one of them was on all fours barking like a dog.
They used to grow on the rugby pitches we practiced on when I was at school. The coach was very impressed at how early we'd all turn up of a morning...

weeman

Do you have a copy of Roger Phillips' book weeman?
By far the best book for mushroom 'hunting' (hmmmm, msc1 p'raps?)
Lots of Ceps about at the moment...delish

in edit..forgot to add you can borrow mine if you wish

Cheers Tony I'll dig my current book out and if not the same I' gladly take you up on the offer again.
Yep I agree a msc level one may well be the way to go as for I've heard a badger bsc level 1 is about to be brought into practice due to recent poor marks-man-ship failed :stir:.

Its a shame the bloody mushrooms can kill you that's why I need a guide to help me along, I never divulged into the e magic ones as I never needed to as already up there.:zzz::cuckoo: