my 1st ever 6.5x55 build

Territory Hunting

6.5rem700

heres my 6.5x55 build
when i first bought the rifle it was a long action 243 [always had feeding issues] it started life as a 25,06 sendero
so Neil Mckillop supplied a pac-nor match barrel and chambered it in 6.5x55
PES T12 mod, jewell trigger, rem 700 LA,bushnell 6500 elite and i think a HS precision stock
havent shot a deer with it yet been doing load development ,have tried H4350 and N160 geting sub 1/4in groups at 100yds with the N160 and lapua brass,cci br2 primers and 120g nosler bt 100_1448.jpg 100_1449.jpg

jimsim

Nice rifle bud im going to get brock and norris to build me one also in 6.5 , have you been shooting 6.5 long as im going to be new to this cal.

I. Farticus

Shoots as well as it looks then!

I'm tempted to so something with my Sako 75 in 6.5x55 - probably just a McMillan stock as everything else is on the button, and it's a fantastic calibre

6.5rem700

Nice rifle bud im going to get brock and norris to build me one also in 6.5 , have you been shooting 6.5 long as im going to be new to this cal.

no this is my first 6.5,but i have a friend that shoots 6.5x47 lapua he is into long range varmiting and i mean long range out to 1000 yds on bunnies
my 6.5 is so sweet to shoot [recoil wise] can hardly tell the diference between this and my old 243

6.5rem700

That'll work.

It will be a little heavy with that barrel and Mod, but what odds if it is a long range gun.

yeh she is a lump, but for some reason ive always been allot steadier off sticks with a heavy gun that with my ruger M77 mkII sporter
and it is duel purpose, as i may be doing some long range paper punching out to a 1000yds with a 140g A max load ive yet to develop

philip

I use N160 in my 6.5 with 120 grn BT it is faultless. Sub .50 of an inch all day long, lovely calibre.

ATB

Phil

Claret_Dabbler

yeh she is a lump, but for some reason ive always been allot steadier off sticks with a heavy gun that with my ruger M77 mkII sporter
and it is duel purpose, as i may be doing some long range paper punching out to a 1000yds with a 140g A max load ive yet to develop

You need a little brother for that rifle. 260 or 6.5x47 in a shorter lighter barrelled version.

Starts getting addictive and expensive...

Muir

I saw a beautiful, walnut stocked Savage Model 11 Deluxe in 6.5 Creedmore last night. It was sold to a man who bought it for his son thinking it was what the kid wanted. What the kid actually wanted was a 6.5-284 Savage so the gun was returned unfired, as a 2nd hand rifle (Federal Law) and was priced at $450. If is wasn't for number of 6.5's already in the corral, and a promise not to buy a new gun this year, I'd have had it.~Muir

Muir

MUIR as you pointed out its not a new gun legally so your promise is not broken if you buy it.

Ah! Shooters always offer the best support in time of need and I appreciate it. Unfortunately, the bet (which technically, it is) is that I will by no firearm, new to me valued at $150 or more for all of 2013. It's bad enough I've spent $1250 on powder and bullets over the last 2 months. :rolleyes:~Muir

charadam

"I will by no firearm, new to me valued at $150"

You must, by this stage in your career, have a valuer that you can trust.

Or, buy the rifle, pawn it for $149.99 then have a trusted friend buy it an "give" it to you.

In any event, put it in your will that your relict is not allowed to sell any gun for what you told her you paid for it.

Muir

"I will by no firearm, new to me valued at $150"

You must, by this stage in your career, have a valuer that you can trust.

Or, buy the rifle, pawn it for $149.99 then have a trusted friend buy it an "give" it to you.

In any event, put it in your will that your relict is not allowed to sell any gun for what you told her you paid for it.

You're hired. :D ~Muir

But.... Value might have been the wrong word: "priced at" might have been a better choice. This clause was written into the wager in case some ridiculously good deal popped up which happens sometimes here. It's OK though. The fever has passed for that Savage/Creedmore. I bought a DPMS AR-10 Match in 6.5 Creedmore a year ago or so. It's not like I'm doing without....;)

Last edited:

Mutley

i think i would have gone for the 6.5x47 if i had a SA instead of the LA

I would have gone with a .260 rem if I'd have had a LA, even though the .260 was designed around a SA it was a bit too tight for my liking. Each to their own as they are all cracking calibres.

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!