My Dipkit - home do hydrographing

mel

Anyone come across these kits before. It's a home do hydrographing printing kit. Probably not as easy as it looks but still cheaper than sending a rifle away to be done.

http://www.mydipkit.com/

I have a trusty old Remy 1100 semi-auto shotgun I use for wildfowling that cost me £100 some years ago that could do with a serious spruce up (it's referred to as the 'spare oar' when we're in the boat it's so battered). I thought it would make a good experiment beforte trying anything daft on the other rifles.

There's a video or two on youtube with some guy demonstrating it.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mydipkit&aq=f

Any of the dealers on the site thought about importing it?

Jager SA

If its anything like what Hydrographics do its not worth doing, its not salt/corrosion resistant, it will come off with cleaning fluids over time, it looks nice but just isnt hard wearing enough. IVe been doing coatings for nearly 4 years and all the coating I use is far beter than the film applications becasue they are corrosion and solvent resistant.

mel

I was wondering if you chaps may sell a clear Duracoat 'laquer' to go over something like this as a protective layer? I was thinking of a Duracoat kit as a possible solution for the old gun. The only reason I knew about this kit is because I was interested how they do it and was looking on youtube for demos when I saw the home do kit.

Hopefully no-one will mention the other 'duracoat' as a cheaper solution and start the old discussions all over again.............. oh sweet Jesus, I've done it now!! :doh: :lol:

Jager SA

I was wondering if you chaps may sell a clear Duracoat 'laquer' to go over something like this as a protective layer? I was thinking of a Duracoat kit as a possible solution for the old gun. The only reason I knew about this kit is because I was interested how they do it and was looking on youtube for demos when I saw the home do kit.

Hopefully no-one will mention the other 'duracoat' as a cheaper solution and start the old discussions all over again.............. oh sweet Jesus, I've done it now!! :doh: :lol:

Doh, dont mention that word....! :D

I do all colours and finishes, however, the solvent in the coating may well eat through the film! :doh: