My favourite Olympics moment...?

I. Farticus

Well, there are 67 GB medal moments to choose from; Cycling, gymnastics, athletics, swimming, shooting, tennis, golf, badminton, canoeing, equestrian, rugby sevens, diving, taekwondo, triathlon, sailing, rowing, hockey, boxing, judo.

So many overseas moments: Brazil football, Phelps in anything remotely swimmy, Bolt in anything runny and quick...

Finding out that Helen Glover is marrying Steve Backshall, confirming that John Inverdale is a numpty, and that Clare Balding knows nothing about any of the sports, but that it doesn't matter.

However, being a bit of a rugby boy, it's Fiji winning their first ever Olympic medal, in their national sport of Rugby Sevens. They will return to that little island, with 75% the population of Birmingham, as absolute heroes...

That's what it's about; Finding heroes. We have enough to provide 67 medals. Our little island of 61m. But Fiji found a squad of 13 and they took on, and beat the world.

I have seen very little of it but did catch the women's hockey final and it was a fantastic match, had everything. And team GB even won a penalty shoot out.........but I was left thinking that football would be so much better if they adopted the hockey type penalty shoot outs, ie run at the the keeper dribbling the ball and have eight seconds to score?

Well, there are 67 GB medal moments to choose from; Cycling, gymnastics, athletics, swimming, shooting, tennis, golf, badminton, canoeing, equestrian, rugby sevens, diving, taekwondo, triathlon, sailing, rowing, hockey, boxing, judo.

So many overseas moments: Brazil football, Phelps in anything remotely swimmy, Bolt in anything runny and quick...

Finding out that Helen Glover is marrying Steve Backshall, confirming that John Inverdale is a numpty, and that Clare Balding knows nothing about any of the sports, but that it doesn't matter.

However, being a bit of a rugby boy, it's Fiji winning their first ever Olympic medal, in their national sport of Rugby Sevens. They will return to that little island, with 75% the population of Birmingham, as absolute heroes...

That's what it's about; Finding heroes. We have enough to provide 67 medals. Our little island of 61m. But Fiji found a squad of 13 and they took on, and beat the world.
John Inverdale knows nothing about rowing, rugby or any other sport that he's wheeled out to present but his most unfortunate habit is talking up an inevitable victory for sides that he has an interest in (England and GB) only for them to crash and burn - fortunately sometimes when England are playing Wales - but this time th e GB womens seven. :D

For me seeing the joy in the Fiji team made it the best moment for me but I did enjoy the Georgian weightlifter who was getting booed by Iranian supporters instead of the usual silence, pulled a face at them and then lifted 40 stone over his head for a new WR total and the gold!

I thought it was a pretty crappy Olympics aside from the lad breaking MJ 400m record overall was thoroughly unimpressed. To award a bankrupt country the games in the first place was poor form.

Our medals were a joke we basically bought them and aside from the gymnast, Peaty and Mo didn't see any improvement from London. The cost of the medals was staggering for what we won and half came from fringe sports that shouldn't even be there to start with.

That being said Conlon's post fight antics following his absolute robbery but the boxing judges has to be one of the moments of the Olympics purely for the sheer rage you can see bubbling inside him. That and the Irish rowers.

Sport
ic_medal-small-gold_2x.png
ic_medal-small-silver_2x.png
ic_medal-small-bronze_2x.png
ic_medal-small-total_2x.png

Cycling track

Rowing

Athletics

Gymnastics

Equestrian

Sailing

Swimming