My Sako S491 in 222

rms364

Would like to know if it’s possible/how to convert my rifle from a floor plate into magazine and has anyone on here done the same??
Thanks in advance😉

Border

What don't you like about the drop plate magazine? I have detachable mags, fixed mag (rem ADL) and floor plates. Each have their merits. The biggest plus with the fixed or floor plate magazine is that you are unlikely to forget or lose it. Admittedly they are a bit more hassle then loose mags for unloads and making safe but that's just a matter of getting into a good routine.

antsa

I have an AI in .222 (late 1970's) with a floor plate mag. Capacity is given as six rounds but I found out a while ago that you can easily and comfortably fit seven.

Cheers

rms364

Thanks for replies chaps. Just curious as to feasibility that’s all. As it’s my nv foxing rifle that I use 8 nights a week through the winter. I usually load it with 3 rounds when going out but now I’m developing a bad back from bending down to pick up dropped rounds out of the mud whilst unloading🙄 😂
It ain’t that bad and I can live with it cos it’s super accurate. As I said just curious….
Cheers R

Border

Thanks for replies chaps. Just curious as to feasibility that’s all. As it’s my nv foxing rifle that I use 8 nights a week through the winter. I usually load it with 3 rounds when going out but now I’m developing a bad back from bending down to pick up dropped rounds out of the mud whilst unloading🙄 😂
It ain’t that bad and I can live with it cos it’s super accurate. As I said just curious….
Cheers R
Always loading the same amount of rounds is a great routine. Count them in and out. If you wear a hat or cap then dropping the floorplate into this may save some mud scrabbling.

rms364

Always loading the same amount of rounds is a great routine. Count them in and out. If you wear a hat or cap then dropping the floorplate into this may save some mud scrabbling.
Or I just might stay out till I’ve shot 3 foxes each eve😉😉 good tip, I’ll try the hat👍