need some advice on 2.5-15x56 z6i vs 3-12x56 victory

CDSG Shooting Sports

allan450

i went yesterday to put a deposit on a z6i.but when i was their the man was trying to sway me the zeiss range so he got me think when he said that the zeiss victory had extra 15 mins in low light compared to the z6i[1st gen] is this true any advice would be great as im new here.also the z6i 1st is going for 1600 euro [1300 pound] which would be the best scope or is it like splitting hairs thanks lads.

2130martin

I have a Z6i 2nd generation and on anything other than the darkest evenings(cloudy,no moon) I can see way past an hour after.......dont know if that helps?

allan450

is their much difference between 1st gen and 2nd gen in the optic department.thanks for the reply

2130martin

I couldnt see any difference side by side in daylight..........I assume the glass is the same,just different ggizmos,no?

User00001

I'm not familiar with the Victory as the Zeiss range has got so confused over the last few years that it's hard to keep track of which is which, I assume it's one of the better ones if you are comparing to a Z6i.

I have two Z6i's and I wouldn't swap either for anything else. One thing that I would say, if you want to shoot a deer later into the evening than a Z6i will let you then I suspect that you shouldn't be shooting it!

If they really are neck and neck then I would do a bit of research on customer service and UK back up and let that make the decision for you.

allan450

yes its the new victory with the scott ht glass illuminated reticle 60 with the ASV.i have been doing research but its like splitting hairs.the real thing i want to know is their 15 mins between them i think he is talking dung trying to sell me the zeiss because he is the main dealer in ireland of them.if he doesnt sell enough of them he might loss his dealership.the z6i was a trade in on a new zeiss

2130martin

Having read Glyn and my responses,15 minutes longer is of no use anyway.....as Glyn said look at customer service reports,resale value etc......

al4x1

yes its the new victory with the scott ht glass illuminated reticle 60 with the ASV.i have been doing research but its like splitting hairs.the real thing i want to know is their 15 mins between them i think he is talking dung trying to sell me the zeiss because he is the main dealer in ireland of them.if he doesnt sell enough of them he might loss his dealership.the z6i was a trade in on a new zeiss

the best thing to go on at this level is price and buy the cheaper one, I've a z6i in 5-30x50 and shoot with a mate with the 6-24x50 zeiss with the 60 ret and side by side there is nothing in them when sitting out at last light. The only difference to me is the zeiss is a fair bit larger and heavier but that is being picky.

arron

i have 2 z6i,s ,and yes you can see better through the scope on low mag than you can with your naked eye , having said that i wouldnt be shooting deer at that level of light , great scope and you will not regret buying one , swarovski have in my opinion the best after sales customer care out there , your call!

jay 22

the new ziess victory hd has the best light transmission of any scope on the market so they say. i have a victory not the hd and ive yet to see through a scope that will beat it.
zeiss prices have rocketed now. and there scopes have gone backwards imo now. by this i dont mean the glass i mean 1cm clicks with is silly for a long range scope.

also no windage turret so you have to pay extra for that if you want one ! and well there warranty may be great on there victory scopes they wont touch any grey imports. i haven't found there staff very helpful on phone. and i agree you wont get that with swarovski there customer service is much better.

i hear some people say well the conquest scope is a grey import. well sorry if you put the zeiss name on it. they should be fixed under warranty
no matter where you got them from.

the guys excuse on the zeiss stand at game fair earlier in the year was. we can send them back to the usa to be fixed. but cant take them back because we don't have import licence ! what a load of rubbish that is. he also went on to say if it was made in Germany it wouldn't be a problem.

some months later i asked about the new zeiss conquest hd5 which is for the u.s market but made in Germany this time ! and not the usa. his answer was sorry zeiss uk wont touch it if you buy one of those. !!! make your mind up mate you told me if the old conquest had been made in Germany you would have no problem repairing it.

yet you can buy from company's in the usa like scopes 4 you. they will let you send scope back if you got it from them. they will then send it off to be fixed and then post it back to your front door.

so you send it back to usa to be fixed. it then go's from there to germany to be fixed. then back to the usa. who then send it back to you. that is madness ! zeiss should pull there finger out there ass and get scopes fixed no matter where you get them from.

Last edited:

mak

the new ziess victory hd has the best light transmission of any scope on the market so they say. i have a victory not the hd and ive yet to see through a scope that will beat it.
zeiss prices have rocketed now. and there scopes have gone backwards imo now. by this i dont mean the glass i mean 1cm clicks with is silly for a long range scope.

also no windage turret so you have to pay extra for that if you want one ! and well there warranty may be great on there victory scopes they wont touch any grey imports. i haven't found there staff very helpful on phone. and i agree you wont get that with swarovski there customer service is much better.

i hear some people say well the conquest scope is a grey import. well sorry if you put the zeiss name on it. they should be fixed under warranty
no matter where you got them from.

the guys excuse on the zeiss stand at game fair earlier in the year was. we can send them back to the usa to be fixed. but cant take them back because we don't have import licence ! what a load of rubbish that is. he also went on to say if it was made in Germany it wouldn't be a problem.

some months later i asked about the new zeiss conquest hd5 which is for the u.s market but made in Germany this time ! and not the usa. his answer was sorry zeiss uk wont touch it if you buy one of those. !!! make your mind up mate you told me if the old conquest had been made in Germany you would have no problem repairing it.

yet you can buy from company's in the usa like scopes 4 you. they will let you send scope back if you got it from them. they will then send it off to be fixed and then post it back to your front door.

so you send it back to usa to be fixed. it then go's from there to germany to be fixed. then back to the usa. who then send it back to you. that is madness ! zeiss should pull there finger out there ass and get scopes fixed no matter where you get them from.

Hi

if your at the CLA then come to our stand and I will explain why? My colleagues from Germany will be over including the riflescope product manager, so he can explain why we have 1cm clicks.

Mark.

sir-slots-alot

Hi

if your at the CLA then come to our stand and I will explain why? My colleagues from Germany will be over including the riflescope product manager, so he can explain why we have 1cm clicks.

Mark.

Mark.. Unfortunately, I cannot make the CLA game fare. But could you please ask your German colleagues at Zeiss why they have decided to remove the windage turret on the newer 6-24x56 victory models ? The new scopes are fitted with just the elevation dial. :cuckoo:

Crazy, as often at ranges below 400 yrs the bullet will need more adjustment for the wind than bullet drop.

I have two of the older models of this scope , and both are fitted with elevation and windage adjustments. I assume at some point the good people Zeiss, did think it would be a good idea to have both.

Its a real shame Zeiss has done this to their high mag Victory range. It basically makes them un-usable as a long range scope, ( which is what they were designed for ) The real pity for me is that Zeiss don't listen to, nor understand their UK customer needs

ATB
Alan

Last edited:

mak

Mark.. Unfortunately, I cannot make the CLA game fare. But could you please ask your German colleagues at Zeiss why they have decided to remove the windage turret on the newer 6-24x56 victory models ? The new scopes are fitted with just the elevation dial. :cuckoo:

Crazy, as often at ranges below 400 yrs the bullet will need more adjustment for the wind than bullet drop.

I have two of the older models of this scope , and both are fitted with elevation and windage adjustments. I assume at some point the good people Zeiss, did think it would be a good idea to have both.

Its a real shame Zeiss has done this to their high mag Victory range. It basically makes them un-usable as a long range scope, ( which is what they were designed for ) The real pity for me is that Zeiss don't listen to, nor understand their UK customer needs

ATB
Alan

Alan

I will certainly ask, although I think I know the answer. I would say that all of the product managers and many of the sales staff in Germany are all active hunters with a German license. Without giving to much away, a number within the Sports Optics department also have experience working for the main German gun and ammunition manufacturers, so I would not personally question their knowledge of the market and the requirements of the customers. It would be fair to say that we try to meet the demands of the user, however as they say, you cannot please .......... ... The HT's for example are as a result of consultations both internally and externally.

Apologies for using this thread as an advertising slot, anyone wanting to know about optics, why's and how etc are more than welcome to visit our stand. In answer to the original thread, look at both and see which one suits you, hopefully the weather will not be too bright!

Mark.

jay 22

Hi

Mark.

i know the reason why they wont sell the conquests here mark because it would be a rival to there duralyt range. i can understand zeiss uk not wanting to pick up any bills for grey imports. i would have gladly paid to have my conquest sent back to usa to be serviced by zeiss usa but getting it back was the hard part.

the new conquest hd5 range is made in Germany for the u.s market though isn't it. so if i got my hands on one i cant see where the problems are in sending it back to germany if it went tits up or needed servicing ? i wouldn't even mind paying i wouldn't expect it for free.

there just seamed a lack of help that's what put me off zeiss abit. i am with Alan on that one. i have the older victory also with the 0.5 cm clicks and windage and elevation turrets. its the best scope i have used. and would never part with it. its got everything superb glass day and night. good turrets and mag range.

the field of view is superb also. and it isnt px fussy like most the other scopes ive looked through. those sightrons are very px fussy imo i looked through one and had to mess with the px turret for ages to get good sharpe picture. nf scopes are the same.

i am currently looking for a scope for my 223 and the older model victory has spoilt me :lol: nothing compares to it and i am having a hard time finding a good scope

6.5shooter

i know the reason why they wont sell the conquests here mark because it would be a rival to there duralyt range. i can understand zeiss uk not wanting to pick up any bills for grey imports. i would have gladly paid to have my conquest sent back to usa to be serviced by zeiss usa but getting it back was the hard part.

the new conquest hd5 range is made in Germany for the u.s market though isn't it. so if i got my hands on one i cant see where the problems are in sending it back to germany if it went tits up or needed servicing ? i wouldn't even mind paying i wouldn't expect it for free.

there just seamed a lack of help that's what put me off zeiss abit. i am with Alan on that one. i have the older victory also with the 0.5 cm clicks and windage and elevation turrets. its the best scope i have used. and would never part with it. its got everything superb glass day and night. good turrets and mag range.

the field of view is superb also. and it isnt px fussy like most the other scopes ive looked through. those sightrons are very px fussy imo i looked through one and had to mess with the px turret for ages to get good sharpe picture. nf scopes are the same.

i am currently looking for a scope for my 223 and the older model victory has spoilt me :lol: nothing compares to it and i am having a hard time finding a good scope

A Kahles 6-24x56 with target turrets would also be a good buy Jay!

jay 22

A Kahles 6-24x56 with target turrets would also be a good buy Jay!

friend was looking at one the other day and was drooling at the mouth he really wants one for his ai 300 winmag. he said its glass is superb. the mil 4 ret is nice and fine but you can switch ir on if you need it. turrets are nice and crisp. and the top mounted px adjustment is a great idea.

hopefully they may bring out some more rets in the future. he gets them trade the lucky sod so im surprised he hasn't snapped one up. maybe his other half has the told him otherwise :lol:

6.5shooter

friend was looking at one the other day and was drooling at the mouth he really wants one for his ai 300 winmag. he said its glass is superb. the mil 4 ret is nice and fine but you can switch ir on if you need it. turrets are nice and crisp. and the top mounted px adjustment is a great idea.

hopefully they may bring out some more rets in the future. he gets them trade the lucky sod so im surprised he hasn't snapped one up. maybe his other half has the told him otherwise :lol:

Even the older model 6-24x56 tt is a cracker! I had the smaller verson, the 50mm obj one and it was spot on! Regret selling it!! Only downer it had no IR.

jay 22

Even the older model 6-24x56 tt is a cracker! I had the smaller verson, the 50mm obj one and it was spot on! Regret selling it!! Only downer it had no IR.

i only think you need ir if your shooting early morning or evening. when light is going down. some rets need the ir if there also very fine. i know my mate couldnt shoot his nf very well under lamp with out it on. because he had trouble seeing the ret

UK Outfitters