New .308 and .17hmr

PSE Composites Limited

matty

I have just received my Firearms cert variation back from the police, I have upgraded my .243 to a .308 and have also got a .17hmr in addition to my .22 and .222.

I am going to start looking at rifles to buy but would appreciate any advice/reviews on good rifles.
I stalk roe, 6 times a year (although would use my .222 for that) Reds once/twice a year and will possibly go to africa.
Budget, don't want to go ballistic if you excuse the pun!!

cheers

Matty

willie_gunn

Matty

If it helps, I use my .308 for everything from muntjac to red's. I also have a condition that I can use it on foxes if I come across one when I'm stalking.

willie_gunn

perks

new rifles

Think willie has the answer there.
As for rifles I think you cant go wrong with cz.I have 22 and 17 and cant fault them cheap and reliable.As for centre fire have a look at Howa.

Claret_Dabbler

Matty, it really depends on what you have to spend and what your priorities are.

If you want a good basic serviceable rifle that won't break the bank there are two choices:

1: CZ, if would want a traditional wood/blue mauser pattern rifle.
2: Howa, if you want a synthetic stainless pre-threaded rifle which will lend itself to mods and upgrades as time goes on.

I would stay out of the middle ground completely. If you want, or can afford, a step up from the Howa / CZ options, I would step right up to a Sauer or Blaser depending on your tastes.

If it was me and I couldn't stretch to a Sauer, it would be the Howa.

matty

Thanks guys, think I will look at a Howa rifle for the .308. Seems to be pretty good feedback on them overall.
Not going to break the bank either. there is a great all in one deal on the howa website anyone know if anyone can do the same in the UK?

Thanks
Matty

Sam

they can indeed, but if you can try and upgrade the scope...

the nikko's are ok had one on my rifle for a while and it was good enough, and i no were your coming from, with the credit crunch my measley paper round is not really gun money (not that it ever was)
try highland outdoors sales@highlandoutdoors.co.uk

Sam

PSE Composites Limited