New BDS Diseases and Conditions in Deer Field Guide

Hi,

I've just got ther new BDS Field Guide to Diseases and Conditions of Deer in the UK. it cost only £12 off their website and it's really good...well worth the money.

i think that it replaces the old disease cards and really has moved on a lot. instead of the 8 or 10 cards as it was then, it's now a waterproof, tearproof booklet of about 70 pages and covers all the diseases and conditions of deer.

A great reference guide for the field. Anyone else ssen it?

Apache

I ordered a copy of this that arrived yesterday. It is worth noting that the Leeds Animal Health contact details are incorrect. Can I suggest you check the details of your local office before setting out.

The correct numbers for Leeds AH office are:
Telephone: 0113 279 6121
Nightline: 0113 2300100

You can search your local office's details here

Postcode search

I have sent an email to BDS.

Nitrox

Hi,

I've just got ther new BDS Field Guide to Diseases and Conditions of Deer in the UK. it cost only £12 off their website and it's really good...well worth the money.

i think that it replaces the old disease cards and really has moved on a lot. instead of the 8 or 10 cards as it was then, it's now a waterproof, tearproof booklet of about 70 pages and covers all the diseases and conditions of deer.

A great reference guide for the field. Anyone else ssen it?
Hi. Can you please share a link. I can’t seem to find it

Sharpie

Yes ithe booklet is very good and is not new, it's been out for ages. Was given mine at a BDS AGM quite a few years ago when it had just been published. If it has been updated since then then I shall buy another copy.

Alantoo

Hi. Can you please share a link. I can’t seem to find it
If anywhere it will be in the shop on the BDS website.

Drop them an email if not.

Yes ithe booklet is very good and is not new, it's been out for ages. Was given mine at a BDS AGM quite a few years ago when it had just been published. If it has been updated since then then I shall buy another copy.
About as old as the OP of this thread...it was new when I bought mine in 2011!

Sharpie

If anywhere it will be in the shop on the BDS website.

Drop them an email if not.

About as old as the OP of this thread...it was new when I bought mine in 2011!
Doh, holy thread resurrection, must look harder ;) seems to be out of print now though :(

Andyquadra

Doesn't look like its available any more

Sharpie

Doesn't look like its available any more

Seems to be back in stock again now :)

Field Guide to Deer Disease​

• Product Code: STALKD7
  • Availability: In Stock
  • £15.00​

Sharpie

Timely.

Very good, it has been updated.

My Deerbytes email today from BDS announced:

Updated and Back in Stock

Field Guide to Disease and Conditions of Wild Deer in the UK

The content has been reviewed by our Veterinary Advisor Peter Green BVSc Cert EO MRCVS Veterinary Consultant and some of the guidance in relation to BTb and parasites has been updated. In addition, any contacts have also been reviewed and updated.

For anyone familiar with the book, you will also notice the update to its look which includes improvements to the layout and readability.

Might buy the new version, but by the sound of it the bulk of it is still similar. For anyone not already having it, just order one now.